Author Topic: Heenan Family + Sustain vs. DTTAH  (Read 311 times)

Offline Scotty

• +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
Heenan Family + Sustain vs. DTTAH
« on: April 02, 2019, 01:09:07 PM »
Here's the scenario:

I am playing Heenan Family. I have Sustained Damage in play. I play a grapple, my opponent plays Spinebuster. I attempt to "sustain" the damage and my opponent plays Don't Try This At Home. What happens??

The Heenan Family     (Andre the Giant, 8th Wonder, Mr. Perfect, Rick Rude, Brain Busters, Bobby Heenan logos)
Pre-match Faction
You can pack this card regardless of Superstar, except Eugene.
You are now a Heenan Family Member.
Your Unique reversals are not affected by your opponent's card effects.
When your logo is printed on this card, your Managed by Bobby "The Brain" Heenan is Permanent and when you use that card to look at your own Arsenal, you may choose to put both cards on the bottom of your Arsenal instead.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent

Sustained Damage
Mid-match Reversal: Special
Can only be played if your opponent plays a maneuver and you do not reverse it from your hand; does not end opponent's turn.
When this card is in your Ring area, you may discard any number of cards from your hand whenever you must overturn cards from damage to reduce the damage by 2 for each card discarded. You may not discard any further cards once you have begun to overturn cards from your Arsenal.
Unique
F: 0   D: 0

Don't Try This at Home
Action / Reversal: Special
As an action, search your Arsenal for the card titled From the Top Rope, reveal it to your opponent, put it into your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal.
As a reversal, when played from your hand, reverse any Activated Card Effect, put that card into your opponent's Ringside pile, he discards 2 cards, and end his turn.
F: 0      D: 0

Offline Toxic

• +5/-5
    • View Profile
Re: Heenan Family + Sustain vs. DTTAH
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2019, 08:51:07 PM »
you put the sustained damage in ringside pile and this card two cards cause he is not affecting your card, he is reversing the cards ACE.

affecting the card will be plunging the F or modifing damage or text
Chile TCO Commisioner!!!

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +242/-241
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2019, 07:42:41 PM »
But since sustain isn't effected by card effects it would stay in ring area. Card effects is anything generated by the effect of a card, not just plunging dmg or text.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 09:08:06 PM by Mitch! »
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal
Your 2017 Raw Deal Champion

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2019, 09:45:08 PM »
Mitch is correct. The ACE is reversed, but Don't Try This at Home can't move Sustained Damage. Kicking a card out of the Ring is definitely affecting it.

You will not get another chance to activate Sustained Damage on the same source of damage, as the trigger already passed, so you'll discard everything that you dropped for Sustained Damage, plus two for Don't Try This at Home, and then take the damage that you tried to Sustain.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.