Author Topic: Help with first forey into Virtual  (Read 694 times)

Offline random0013

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • MTGnation
Help with first forey into Virtual
« on: March 19, 2019, 10:55:53 PM »
So, I've been wanting to build around both Asuka and Charismatic Enigma.  I don't know the game that well, any suggestions would be appreciated...
"You will bend to my will - with or without your precious sanity" - Dragon Mage

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Help with first forey into Virtual
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 10:29:12 AM »
Enigma is probably the easier build (least in my eyes) since he has a pretty straight-forward path and plan of attack (Asuka not so much, she has lots of limitations, but when she can do doesn't focus on much)

-- he gets high flying style, which is good, it protects your from the top and from the middle ropes and pushes to a smackdown build since most of the high risks and two (prefectly exectued tope, an awesome mid-match bridge move.... as well as perfectly executed moonsault, not as much but still a nice play)....and of course the old atomic knee drop which is a great "go for the kill" kinda card)

-- his specifics, especially the virtual ones, are  VERY good and will help get started kinda easy, I also like poke, shake and scoop slam (tb) when you have room as low-pain in the neck moves that let you trigger the from the top and the middles easier (also heel with the tb DLB is nice too for that), high risk decks can be a bit sketchy and you may be short on reversals since you need to pack all this stuff and some high risks, but your basic reversal base should be:

Heel:
Manager * 3, Get the F Out * 3, Revo of the mind * 3, Elbow to the Face * 3, Volley this * 2, No Chance in Hell (tb) * 2
You're a Jive Soul Bro, Shocking Interference, Don't be a Douchebag, Carlito says that's not cool, Don't Try this at home *2
Divine  and maybe a mid-range reversal (I like always have a plan B, since it's 0F, RMS and hits strike/grapple/sub)

Face:
Sloppy.... Very Sloppy * 3, Once is Enough * 3,  Revo of the mind * 3, Elbow to the Face * 3, Volley this * 2, No Chance in Hell (tb) * 3
Ole!,  Don't be a Douchebag, Carlito says that's not cool, Don't Try this at home *2, Divine and plan B's

This should be enough to get you going in a pretty decent manner right there

the reversal base would hold the same for Asuka too, but the move base is a bit vaguer right now
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline The_Wolfpac

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2019, 04:46:40 AM »
I agree with Crashers reversal base, but I would swap out a couple Elbows.
Obviously this depends on your local meta.
Try swapping out a couple elbows for a hold the phone and a you missed your chance.
Cheap reversals, they dont do any damage, but with the support for dynamic in virtual and the fact hold the phone can reverse a trademark finisher if its hybrid. its quite a handy card.

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2019, 06:36:17 AM »
I love elbows as overturn reversals when you sustain stuff personally
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline The_Wolfpac

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 06:50:48 AM »
Very true, I just don't use sustain in most decks, but each to their own.