Author Topic: Festus  (Read 329 times)

Offline Fatdiez

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Festus
« on: March 10, 2019, 02:49:31 AM »
Hi guys. Just needed some clarifications.

Festus ability says he cannot pack pre-match events so is it illegal if i pack cards like for the love of the game in addition to my full slot mid-match cards?

E.g i have about 10 full mid-match + 3 for the love of the game = illegal for festus?

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-103
    • View Profile
Re: Festus
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2019, 05:16:04 AM »
I'm going to guess based on this ruling on Test in the OmniFAQ that you can, but I could be wrong. I just thought it was a similar situation.

-He cannot pack any other Pre-match cards, including those with RMS.  They cannot be packed in his Backlash deck, with the exception of Backstage Shenanigans, since it can be packed as a Mid-match card.

HOWEVER, that still doesn't allow you to pack them as a pre-match card so if you already have 10 Mid-Match, you could only fill out your last couple Mid-Match slots which would bring you to your limit of 12.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2019, 05:18:09 AM by The Hurricane »
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Offline Fatdiez

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2019, 07:04:59 AM »
Ahhh ic.. i roughly guessed so too.. thanks.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2019, 06:27:27 PM »
Festus can pack Backstage Shenanigans and For the Love of the Game as Mid-match cards.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline The Kisser

• +0/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2019, 11:42:26 PM »
Yeah this is kinda like w/ MNM as they can't pack Mid-Match Cards so I pack 3 For Love of The Games, 3 Backstage Shinnegans (Which both are Pre Match Events/Mid-Match Actions) and 1 My Game, My Way (Pre-Match Event/Mid-Match Reversal) As I pack all these 7 Cards as Pre-Match but am able to play them as Mid-Match as I could also Pack A Quick BASH-ing (Pre-Match Event/Mid Match Maneuvar) but won't cause my MNM decks has always been SD!/FACE/FanFavs/CHAIN so yep you can pack them as Mid-Match Deck Build but still play them as Pre-Match if you can play Pre-Match CARDS.