Author Topic: Is there any chance of a mobile app version?  (Read 283 times)

Offline Mau-cho Man

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Is there any chance of a mobile app version?
« on: February 25, 2019, 03:52:44 PM »
Has there been, or currently, any discussion of a mobile app version of Raw Deal?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any chance of a mobile app version?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2019, 04:43:47 PM »
Short answer: no.

Long answer:  No one is interested in working for free on a 'dead game', developing for different mobile platforms, etc.  As it is, there's a small target audience, whose loyalty is great!  :)  But doesn't mean a developer will spend time on it when they could be doing something else that pays their bills.

I don't think Lackey can run on mobile platforms, but someone can correct me if there's a way to do that.

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +242/-241
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
Re: Is there any chance of a mobile app version?
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2019, 04:53:21 PM »
LackeyCCG seems to work on Ipad(Couple of other TCO users have got it going can ask on the TCO Discord if you need help) nothing for Android as of yet and it seems to be lacking development ever since the creator had his 1st child(Last Lackey update was 2014). Never know what the future may hold can always check the forums @ lackeyccg.com to see if any progress is made. I have looked at untap.in/OCTGN and some other ways to do it...problem is if there isn't a way to export the current card data you are talking having to re-do it for 6244 Raw Deal cards which is still growing and also some don't allow saving which can be an issue with the length some games can go.
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal
Your 2017 Raw Deal Champion