Author Topic: Way Too Early Speculation for the upcoming VRD sets.  (Read 1219 times)

Offline dallasstar17

• +1/-6
  • Team X-Treme
    • View Profile
Way Too Early Speculation for the upcoming VRD sets.
« on: February 23, 2019, 10:23:14 PM »
Yes I do understand that we are still basking in the glow of NXT Takeover part 1 and waiting on the part 2 to drop. However I sit in my security office on a 12 hour over night shift my mind wanders. I used to do this during the retail version of the game, So please indulge me in expressing how I would do upcoming sets. Creed if you like the ideas by all means steal these ideas and run with it!!!! Without further ado here we go. Yes this is going to be mostly from the NXT crew.... because outside of a few people that I can think of the main roster is covered.

NXT Takeover: Rivals

Tommaso Ciampa
Johnny Gargano
EC3
Shayna Baszler
Ember Moon
Nikki Cross
Authors of Pain
DIY

NXT Takeover: Respect

Ricochet
Velveteen Dream
Adam Cole
Kairi Sane
Lacey Evans
Bianca Belair
Sainity
The Revival

NXT Takeover: War Games

Alister Black
Bobby Roode
Io Sirari
Mia Yim
Undisputed Era
Mustache Mountain
War Raiders
Heavy Machinery

WWE Evolution

Rhonda Rousey
Ruby Riott
Mickie James (Remake)
Nia Jax
Lana
Carmella
Naomi
Zelina Vega

WWE Rebellion

Liv Morgan
Sara Logan
Tamina
Dana Brooke
Mandy Rose
Sonya Deville
Billie Kay
Peyton Royce

WWE Women's Elmination Chamber

This is where I would make the complete introduction of the Women's Tag Team Division in one fell swoop.

IIconics
Boss and Hug Connection
Riott Squad
Samoan Slaughterhouse
Fire and Desire
Fabulous Glow
BFF's (Bliss and James tag team)
New Hart Foundation (Nattie and Dana Brooke tag team)

Thoughts?
Dallasstar17
Oklahoma's Resident Team X-Treme Member

Offline necrobaron75

• +28/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
Re: Way Too Early Speculation for the upcoming VRD sets.
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2019, 02:27:45 PM »
RUSEV DAY.
Thank you.

P.S.
No Sky Pirates?
You have failed this Tag Division.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2019, 02:41:56 PM by necrobaron75 »
female dog WHAT LINE?!

Offline dallasstar17

• +1/-6
  • Team X-Treme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2019, 03:59:03 PM »
Rusev Day was a thing that was on the Main Roster so at the time of thought it did not occur to me.

Sky Pirates....I did not think of the Sky Pirates but again when I was thinking about the Elimination Chamber match, and everyone on the Main Roster, not NXT....
Dallasstar17

Offline Jono

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 01:35:05 PM »
Steve Blackman /topic

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 02:07:21 PM »
I'm going to keep arguing in favor of a Jim Cornette superstar until it happens, even if I have to release it by myself as a standalone in the last days before the heat death of the universe.

That aside, a lot of these ideas are no-brainers to be added to the game at some point or another. I don't know if this is the exact order that makes the most sense, but the vast majority are great picks. I might argue that NXT superstars who have graduated to the main roster will take precedence over those that have not yet, and certain of these superstars, like DIY, might simply get referenced through multi-logoed cards or a promo superstar rather than as full superstars in their own right, but there are a lot of great possibilities for future sets.

(Now, if I were putting together a 10-deck set, the top priorities would be Ciampa, Gargano, Ricochet, Roode, Black, Revival, Ronda Rousey, Nia Jax, Ruby Riott, and the Riott Squad, but we'll see what pans out once V9B comes out and new superstar design heats up again.)
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline XtremeWRATH

• +4/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 03:17:19 PM »
Steve Blackman /topic

I know the plan is that older superstars are done for the time being but i would hate to see Steve Blackman and Hardcore Holly not get a chance. I think those are the last two from that era that are pretty much universally wanted. Will have to wait and see.

Offline Hayus

• +12/-15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 06:20:56 PM »
Would a Golddust and Booker Tag superstar be in the works? Personally, I look at my collection and think that’s the superstar that’s missing. Thanks again for everything though design team!

Offline NerdyD

• +0/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 06:49:36 PM »
I was just telling everybody in the raw deal group that its crazy Ivory and Jacqueline don't have any superstar cards...That's who I'm hoping for.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 08:04:08 PM »
<insert nostalgia disclaimer here>  :)

It's not THAT crazy, to be fair, since they were in their heyday during the Attitude Era, and this game started after that, with several years until females were included.  We've done some nostalgia females, yes, but didn't get to Ivory and Jacqueline.  And as Eve taught us, we have to make sure there's enough to build a set around thematically AND support if needed, both in character details (moves, catchphrases, etc) AND pictures.

Plus, even if we made them tomorrow, next week someone would say 'I can't believe (so and so) isn't in the game, after all, they made Jacqueline and Ivory!'  It's always somebody... :)

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline unknown_soldier78

• +39/-62
  • Mamajawma.com (I could watch CHL 100x still laugh)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 01:13:47 AM »
I'm still hoping to see a Charlie Haas Superstar he already has some cards with his name like Haas of Pain which could be a trademark finisher. I don't want him to be like a Eugene like Superstar (who I dislike playing against and my friend had the most annoying habit of only playing Eugene just becausepack all those superstar cards) I just want him to have cards like an action card mamajawamaextreme.c om and a reversal hasstin's double digits to name a few. And a few other out there superstars like the tag team head cheese kind of shenanigans Style subset would be awesome.

Offline necrobaron75

• +28/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2019, 12:59:15 PM »
If this is the final Virtial set,every body gets a card.

Otherwise,I say ss wise

Rousey
Riott Squad
The Bar
Boss&Hug
The Man
Riccochet
Aleister Black
Revival
Kofi remake
Remakes of Roman,Seth,Dean
Apollo Crews
Lashley Remake
Iiconics
SANITY
female dog WHAT LINE?!

Offline the-edge666

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2019, 02:08:04 PM »
If only one more set would be released I'd love to see Elias and Ruby Riott (or the Riott Squad) in it.
Beware, take care. Because the freaks come out at night!!!

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2019, 02:42:36 PM »
If this is the final Virtial set,every body gets a card.

Printing a card for 300+ Superstars in the same set would be absolutely insane. Don't bet on it.

(Don't take this as a confirmation of anything regarding the "last Virtual set," only a note that at no point will we ever make another card for every Superstar in the game simultaneously.)
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2019, 06:28:25 AM »
If Boss and Huh ultimately gets their own set, please, please just call them Superstar "Bayley and Sasha", or similar, and keep "Boss and Hug" as a prematch or backstage card. I can't stand it as their team name. XD

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2019, 07:32:24 AM »
Thanks, though it has more to do with what they're called on TV than personal opinion.

I haven't said this in a while, but when we do look at who people are interested in, I'll skip any list with more than 5-10 names.  We don't put 25 Superstars in a set anymore, so a list of 25 just isn't useful information to be honest, heh..

Meanwhile, Real Life Inter-mania has run wild on us lately, but I'm hoping through Spring and maybe Summer, we'll get V9 finally wrapped up, and maybe get a Holiday set or two in before looking toward V10.  We'll see.

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline dallasstar17

• +1/-6
  • Team X-Treme
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2019, 02:09:10 AM »
While I get you there on the more than 5-10 people to pay attention to, I broke it up in several sets so you could pick and choose what you wanted to do if you were so inclined. As I stated in my opening post I was bored and had nothing to do during a 12 hour shift. So I went ham with the ideas to make sure I survived the shift. Forgive me for the massive flood of names.
Dallasstar17

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2019, 06:54:34 AM »
Don't worry, you're not the first and probably won't be the last.  :D  I just mention it every so often otherwise people can list like 20-40 names, and it's just too much to track.

As a concept, though, what you posted was some neat ideas.  If we had the manpower to crank out and test sets fast enough to produce that much quantity (and had enough good ideas) that'd be amazing, though!  :)

CREED

Offline dallasstar17

• +1/-6
  • Team X-Treme
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2019, 05:46:26 AM »
Well how does one apply to work on those situations? I think I have some ideas.... (keywords included) that might be useful to the game. If you want to get with me privately about that I understand I am willing to help and want to see this game expand even further.
Dallasstar17

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2019, 07:31:59 AM »
Usually people post their ideas in the Fantasy Cards section, we've used interesting ideas from time to time (with permission, and credit the sources).

CREED