Author Topic: Pete Dunne  (Read 447 times)

Online Hogtrail

• +15/-4
    • View Profile
Pete Dunne
« on: January 30, 2019, 08:11:15 AM »
Pete Dunne
Hand Size: 6
Superstar Value: 2
NXT Cruiserweight Superstar Ability: Once during each of your turns you may choose up to 3 cards from your hand, shuffle them into your arsenal and your opponent shuffles the same number from his hand into his arsenal. If you choose 2+ cards, both players may then draw 1 card.

Joint Manipulation
Backstage Area
When packing this card you may pack up to 10 Split Finger Lock cards in your backstage area.
Once during each of your turns when you play a non-multi maneuver with 'wrist', 'ankle', 'elbow', 'slap', 'suplex', or 'breaker' in the title, you may discard 1 card and then immediately play a maneuver in your backstage area as if from hand. Unless both maneuvers are reversed, both are considered successful.
Unique

WWE United Kingdom Championship
Pre-Match Object
Cannot be blanked.
If you choose 1 card for your superstar ability, you may put a non-reversal card from your ringside on the bottom of your arsenal.
If you choose 2 cards for your superstar ability, your opponent overturns 1 card.
If you choose 3 cards for your superstar ability, you may search your arsenal for a non-hybrid maneuver without 'reversed' in the text instead of drawing.
Superstar Value +1
Permanent
Unique
F: 0 D: 0

The Bruiserweight
Pre-Match Event
Cannot be blanked.
Your Pete Dunne specific cards don't take up a Pre-Match slot in your ring.
Your maneuvers are +1D for each different maneuver type in your ring.
During your turn you may play Elbow to the Face as a strike, and it cannot be reversed from your opponent's hand.
Permanent
Unique
F: 0 D: 0

The Bitter End
Trademark Finisher
When played as a counter, cannot be reversed from arsenal by non-unique cards.
SV: 3
Unique
F: 30 D:25

X-Plex
Grapple
This card is considered to have 'Suplex' in the title for your effects.
Can be played from Ringside.
When played from hand, this card is -5F.
When played from ringside, discard 1 card.
SV: 1
Unique
F: 10 D: 10

Dunne's Step Up Ensugiri
Strike: Chain/Reversal: Special
Can only be played after a successfully played maneuver.
During your opponent's turn, this card is +5F.
After damage is applied, end the current turn.
Unique
F: 0 D: 5
« Last Edit: January 30, 2019, 11:04:33 AM by Hogtrail »
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline rachelmon

• +25/-21
  • Bliss Off!
    • View Profile
Re: Pete Dunne
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 04:33:09 AM »
Joint Manipulation
Backstage Area
When packing this card you may pack up to 10 Split Finger Lock cards in your backstage area.
Once during each of your turns when you play a non-multi maneuver with 'wrist', 'ankle', 'elbow', 'slap', 'suplex', or 'breaker' in the title, you may discard 1 card and then immediately play a maneuver in your backstage area as if from hand. Unless both maneuvers are reversed, both are considered successful.
Unique

Damn I like this card. Free Panic maneuvers from backstage.

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 11:20:05 AM »
Joint Manipulation should also have RVD's logo.

I'm kidding, great cards sir.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 12:33:34 PM »
Joint Manipulation should also have RVD's logo.

I'm kidding, great cards sir.

RVD and Sabu can get Joint Manipulation TB.

This OG version, though, would be a great card to stick a Marty Scurll logo on.

I really like the setup you have here, Hogtrail. One suggestion to save some space: if you replace "Suplex" with "plex" on Joint Manipulation, you can drop the "considered to have suplex in the title" line from X-Plex without changing anything else about the card, since there are no non-Tazz maneuvers that have "plex" in the title that aren't suplexes.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline CRASHER

• +90/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2019, 04:17:49 PM »
I really like the setup you have here, Hogtrail. One suggestion to save some space: if you replace "Suplex" with "plex" on Joint Manipulation, you can drop the "considered to have suplex in the title" line from X-Plex without changing anything else about the card, since there are no non-Tazz maneuvers that have "plex" in the title that aren't suplexes.

SuperPLEX? That card don't need no help sir......
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2019, 04:19:27 PM »
So just say: "when you play a non-Multi non-High Risk maneuver with... or "plex" in the title."  :)

EDIT:  Plus it'd be super weird to hit an Elbow Drop that somehow bends fingers... heh

CREED
« Last Edit: January 31, 2019, 07:14:49 PM by CreedP »
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 06:41:41 PM »

SuperPLEX? That card don't need no help sir......

Hrm. Must have glazed over when I read the list. OK, what Creed said.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Online Hogtrail

• +15/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2019, 08:08:08 PM »
So just say: "when you play a non-Multi non-High Risk maneuver with... or "plex" in the title."  :)

EDIT:  Plus it'd be super weird to hit an Elbow Drop that somehow bends fingers... heh

CREED

Ya know how he does that finger bend/wrist lock thing, and then puts the bent hand on the mat and then stomps on it? That, but with an elbow drop lol.

(Who packs elbow drop anyway???)
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline KD8ESU

• +19/-17
  • Ninja Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2019, 07:47:15 AM »

This OG version, though, would be a great card to stick a Marty Scurll Zack Sabre Jr. logo on.

I fixed your mistake, sir.  Thank me later.

As for the Elbow Drop comment, I see him and B2B & No Escape look like serious options (3 different Suplex cards, Backhand Slap, Wrist Lock, Elbow Drop) for him.
Yea, maybe clarifying Elbow Drop may help out a lot.
hXi

YOUR 2014 GenCon Supershow Champion

One-half of **** *** Pay, 2015 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions.