Author Topic: Ric Flair vs The Nature Boy  (Read 288 times)

Offline AfghanYeti88

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Ric Flair vs The Nature Boy
« on: January 28, 2019, 09:01:24 AM »
So, where does everyone stand with Ric? Im currently trying to build a version of him, but I'm not sure where to start, let alone which version of him I like better. I'm kinda leaning towards to WCW/The Nature Boy, only because I have a love for the WCW and the cards in that pool. Any help and tips would be nice. Thanks!
"If a man has enough power, he can speak softly and everyone will listen." - Jake Roberts

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
Re: Ric Flair vs The Nature Boy
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 10:31:46 AM »
The Nature Boy is a much more enjoyable experience to play and build, in my opinion.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline CRASHER

• +90/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 10:58:14 AM »
There are pros and cons for both, and both get all the amazing Flair cards (though Flair does come up short in the "specific move" department (especially in Classic)

But let's see if we can spell this out for ya and see which you prefer:

Flair:
-- Game-changing ability.... the power to wipe out soo many cards (like Frankie Ho and Surge, or Sustained Damage) and a list of so many "gotta have in play" cards (though through revisions, there's a cost to wiping out low fort moves and keeping the opponent off the board)
-- NOT a legend, so things like Shoot Lock-Up don't hurt him as much
-- not being WCW opens up his pre-match to many more options

Nature Boy:
-- Legend support (Legendary defense is game and life changing since you can cycle step, escape and break the hold as in-deck stoppers with use of the "Strip Club" venue), Cowboy Bob is an awesome late game stopper as well as living the good life can damn near scoop your ringside pile
-- Starting Hand Size ....it blows up just in dumping WCW and Natch specifics alone....
-- WCW Support, starting the game with likely 3F and making them discard for each WCW card you play.....it adds up (also Natch has so many "doesn't take a slot" cards, playing Flanked by Arena Security is great to protect your starting hand size
-- Also as good as Flair's ability is on offense, the defensive ability on Natch .... my God.... they DTTAH your sustained.....sure ... you can get that pesky restricted use out of your ring.... they commish you?? Discard divine instead!

In my breakdown I may have slighted a bit more towards Natch than Flair (Personally I like Natch more), but both are excellent choices, just keep in mind you won't get a ton of room in the deck for many moves, so you gotta make the ones you get COUNT that's all!
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline AfghanYeti88

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 11:40:08 AM »
Crasher, do you mind if I message you later to bounce some ideas on The Nature Boy? I have a thing about legends and WCW, but I dont think I have the right formula.
"If a man has enough power, he can speak softly and everyone will listen." - Jake Roberts

Offline CRASHER

• +90/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 02:07:27 PM »
Go for it, I won't be home until later tonight, but I've built and used both at gen con over the years and would gladly offer my input!
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline AfghanYeti88

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2019, 05:54:16 AM »
Awesome! I sent it this morning, got side tracked with my little one wanting to watch Raw after dinner.