Author Topic: Where do we start?  (Read 532 times)

Offline monkey

• TCO Donor
  • +19/-22
    • View Profile
Where do we start?
« on: January 20, 2019, 08:32:24 AM »
Hi there,

My friend and I want to print off a couple decks and see if we like the Virtual version of the game, but where do we start? is there a file of staple cards? Is there a superstar guide of virtual SS's?

I've looked around the site, but couldn't find a good intro point, if I missed it please point me in the right direction !

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
Re: Where do we start?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2019, 09:57:47 AM »
On superstars - the Superstar Strategy Guide forum has the listing for all Superstar-specifics for all superstars.  Use the Index post to find the superstar you want to look up.

As to staples - there's no one consensus, but I'm happy to leave my opinion as to what cards I always run (cards with a star denote some kind of deck building restriction, such as Face or Heel).

Arsenal:
Back Throw
Carlito Says "That's Not Cool!"
Don't Be A Douchebag
Here Comes The Calvary*
Shocking Interference*
Total Teamwork*
You Missed Your Chance
You're A Jive Soul Bro*

Pre-Match:
Making Your Escape
Playing By The Rules TB*
This Is My Hometown

Mid-Match:
Classic Teamwork*
This Is Going to be An Old School Brawl
Turning Everything Upside Down
Your Reach Exceeds Your Grasp

Backstage:
All cards with "Shenanigans" in the title
Hometown Hero (if you need a Venue)
Pulled Some Strings to Get My Match (if you need a Stipulation)
WWE Raw Deal 10th Anniversary

The rest of the virtual cards really augment your deck-building strategies and depend on the Superstar you're building.  For example, if you're Owen Hart, you can (and probably should) pack the Pre-Match High-Flying Style, which then allows you to pack stuff like the backstage card Cruiserweight Style Action and the reversal Back Flip.  Meanwhile, if you're an ECW superstar/extremist, there's a whole lot of new things for you - a backstage card, some new Foreign Objects, an action, a new stipulation, and a couple of other Pre-match cards that may interest you. 

So which Virtual cards you use partially depends on the superstar you choose.  But the specific ones I list above are the drop-dead basics I look for in any deck as long as the superstar I'm playing can pack them.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.