Author Topic: Question with some (keywords) that are new to me??  (Read 208 times)

Offline kholmes1987

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Question with some (keywords) that are new to me??
« on: January 14, 2019, 07:36:21 PM »
I used to play up to the Revo set and just recently when I saw the new sets I saw new keywords (Combo) and (Promo) on some superstar cards. What do they mean and how do you use them correctly? all examples and information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Online Scotty

• +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
Re: Question with some (keywords) that are new to me??
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2019, 07:43:27 PM »
Probably the three most used of the newest terms for Virtual are below:
Counter
-This term replaces the phrase 'When you reversed a card to end your opponent's turn and this is the first card played on your turn...'
-Additional modifiers can be used, such as 'When played as a Counter (maneuver)', to indicate the reversed card had to be a maneuver.  Another example is 'When played as a Counter (hand or Backlash),' meaning the opponent's card had to be reversed from hand or Backlash.

Flip Over
-Cards that are flipped over do not affect the game, they lose all traits but retain their card title, and they become the card type 'Face-Down'.
-A Permanent, Active or RMS card cannot become face-down.
-Face-Down cards are public knowledge, just like face up cards.
-Note that this has no bearing on cards placed face-down under other cards, such as That's Broken or Back to Basics.  These do not interact with cards like Turning Everything Upside Down.
-If a card such as That's Broken is flipped over face-down, it will prevent the card under it from being played, as there is no text to allow it.  If the face-down Broken leaves the Ring, the card underneath it will go to Ringside.
-Face-Down cards have no Fortitude or Damage values. Anything that relies on one of those values will fail when it attempts to interact with a Face-Down card.
-Once a face-down card leaves the Ring, it stops being face-down and returns to normal. Any effects on the formerly face-down card that reference it leaving play will not fire, since they will only return after the card has already left.

Promo
-Promo: # is short for "Look at the top # cards of your Arsenal, put 1 of those cards in your hand, and the rest in your Ringside."

Offline kholmes1987

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Question with some (keywords) that are new to me??
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2019, 08:18:09 PM »
ok thank you! Ill try and get some more printed out so I can start playing these new superstars. They look really fun!