Author Topic: R-Truth  (Read 454 times)

Offline Hogtrail

• +15/-5
    • View Profile
R-Truth
« on: November 26, 2018, 01:52:56 PM »
I read somewhere that "Pack" is different than "Contain." So my question is can R-Truth pack BASH cards in his arsenal and backlash, while still having Face/Heel in the Little Jimmy deck? And either way, should one of the cards be reworded to eliminate the redundancy?

R-Truth
Starting Hand Size: 7     Superstar Value: 3
Superstar Ability: Your first maneuver played each turn that is not Chain, Foreign Object, Heat, Multi, Revolution, or Volley is considered Unique.
Your Eve: Dirty Dancer is not Fan Favorite. You can pack High-Flying Style, and you can pack Face and Heel cards in your Little Jimmy Deck, but you cannot pack Face or Heel cards (including Superstar-specific cards) in any other Area; you cannot pack There Is No Escape. Your Arsenal can only contain 50 cards, and your Backlash can only contain 8 Pre-match and 8 Mid-match cards.
V5

The Good R-Truth or... The Bad R-Truth?
Little Jimmy Deck
This deck may contain up to 10 Arsenal Face cards, up to 8 Backlash Face cards, up to 10 Arsenal Heel cards, up to 8 Backlash Heel cards.
When you reveal your Superstar card, reveal either all Face or all Heel cards in this deck, add those Backlash cards to your Backlash, and shuffle those Arsenal cards into your Arsenal.
Unique
V5
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline BigB887

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: R-Truth
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2018, 11:39:27 AM »
I hope someone confirms this cause I'm intrigued as well

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2018, 02:41:08 PM »
You absolutely cannot pack BASH without what is probably a sub-optimal R-Truth deck.

Wording is correct. The 'contain' definition is defining what a Little Jimmy deck is, and you are packing the cards contained within it.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2018, 02:54:08 PM »
Originally we had the idea that the separate decks R-Truth and Rick Rude have would be outside of the 'pack' scope, since that just specifies Arsenal, Backlash, and Backstage areas.  However, to prevent BASH or other abuse, we had to change R-Truth to 'pack'.  It was easier to leave the redundant text on Good/Bad R-Truth than to reformat it, at that point.

And now you know.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard