Author Topic: 30 Days of Raw Deal Christmas  (Read 14229 times)

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Raw Deal Christmas
« Reply #225 on: December 22, 2018, 10:22:49 AM »
FINN IS PERFECT!!!!!! Creed I just got engaged a few weeks ago and you guys are all invited to my wedding lol this year stared out horribly like you have no idea how bad, but it is finishing off beautifully.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 22, 2018, 11:36:07 AM »
Wow, congratulations!

And for those just joining us...

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover - Full Release Available Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Online Eric RD

• Administrator
  • +19/-1
  • Virtual Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #227 on: December 22, 2018, 06:53:20 PM »
Super excited to play as Balor. Depending on the opponent you can change up your ability.
http://twitch.tv/EricRD for Raw Deal streams

Raw Deal games, videos and more.
http://www.youtube.com/c/EricRDeal

Offline maskedllama

• +64/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 22, 2018, 09:48:03 PM »
 you all have done a fantastic job of capturing The Duality of Finn Balor! I am torn between trying to build two different decks for the two different Styles or just winging it with the one I have
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 23, 2018, 05:53:28 AM »
So for The Demon Arrives, even though it says I MUST move a card in my ring I can op out of that and just randomly remove 3 cards from the game?

So I'm not 100% on this, but I believe that because it says MUST you truly must, you cannot simply opt out. The bit about randomly removing 3 cards is probably there in case you've run out of cards in your ring, or every card in your ring is permanent and cannot be removed for its effect. Because without that, you could probably run an interesting build that used a lot of permanent cards to try and avoid the otherwise mandatory effect. I'm not necessarily seeing where that would become abusive, but, of course, I haven't tried to build him to exploit it since the way the card is written has precluded that kind of build.

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 23, 2018, 06:28:32 AM »
I asked the same question on the previous page and Creed said yes. You can opt out and just remove 3 random cards.

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 23, 2018, 07:12:08 AM »
From the way it seems, the "must" is there to make sure you do at least one of the effects every turn

Offline DebuRaito

• +21/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 23, 2018, 09:10:03 AM »
From the way it seems, the "must" is there to make sure you do at least one of the effects every turn

What if you don’t have non-permanent card in your ring and there are less than 3 cards in your ringside, or if there’s HiaC in play?

Is opting out of removing ring card, and proceed to remove 3 random ringside, following by being blocked by HiaC a possible alternative?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 23, 2018, 10:08:50 AM »
Right, as always in Raw Deal, you do what you're capable of.

EDIT:  To be clear, Demon must a) remove 1 card, or if there's nothing to remove b) lose 3 cards from Ringside.  If you can't do either one, the effect just fails.

Meanwhile, since the set is called NXT Takeover, it only makes sense that we'll have some NXT support cards in the set. (there's a handful of non-specifics being released as well as the new Superstars).  Here's these two:

CREED
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 10:59:47 AM by CreedP »

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 23, 2018, 08:32:23 PM »
Also, I'm a little surprised no one asked about Neville having a 'Cruiserweight Superstar Ability'.  That's probably because he's the first to have that trait (we might add it to existing Superstars later, on a case-by-case basis through support).  However, only a Cruiserweight can get this:

CREED

Offline maskedllama

• +64/-61
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 24, 2018, 12:10:56 AM »
DUDE!! Cruiserweight ability and 205!!!

Offline Tim (From SG)

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 24, 2018, 02:47:13 AM »
"Catch your breath", its just 1 day left to the the huge release of the NXT peeps.
And oh boy, I'm so looking forward to this.

Hopefully, there are further surprises to this set (like Adam Cole Bay Bay!). I'm just kidding on this note. I'll try not to be too greedy.  ;D

Offline KD8ESU

• +19/-17
  • Ninja Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 24, 2018, 10:06:06 AM »
Also, I'm a little surprised no one asked about Neville having a 'Cruiserweight Superstar Ability'.  That's probably because he's the first to have that trait (we might add it to existing Superstars later, on a case-by-case basis through support).
CREED

If you're JUST looking at 205 Live, the only guy made (and because of contracts and all the stuff everyone knows about, see about <R> Filling in the Blanks) thus far that might become a Cruiserweight later is Sin Cara.
Of course, if we go to the old Cruiserweight division (and Light-Heavyweight before that), then that becomes a giant bag of worms to deal with....

Maybe Cruiserweight should only apply to the modern division.
hXi

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 24, 2018, 11:45:53 AM »
That's my thoughts as well, unless Mysterio shows up on 205 Live or something.  Personally, I think that'd be a great way to 'hype' the show, have him team with Lucha Party against 4 heels in a wild 10-15 minute banger, but oh well.

In the meantime, since it's 'Christmas Eve' in some places, I've posted the text spoiler for the Virtual 9: NXT Takeover, so you guys can get an idea of what's coming very soon.  And maybe sharp-eyed people will spot anything we might have missed, heh - we already made a couple small changes, like fixing the loophole that Bo's Pre-match doesn't actually work on AIUU, so that was addressed directly.

Plus this is one less thing for me to do tonight, haha.  Enjoy!

CREED
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 11:48:35 AM by CreedP »

Offline the-edge666

• +2/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 24, 2018, 01:52:20 PM »
Thanks so much for the biggest Christmas present of the year (as the adults in our family don't give any presents to each other  ;)). There are not so many Superstars in this set that I like, but the fact that Alexa is in and Paige get's a support card in the first wave makes it a great set for me. Now I'm waiting with big anticipation for the support part.
Beware, take care. Because the freaks come out at night!!!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: December 24, 2018, 02:47:11 PM »
That'll be a while.  The reason those 6 (and the dual-logo with one of the new Superstars) got in is they were part of the intended Arrival set, other people who were on that card besides Bo, Neville, etc.

That's also why there's one Cesaro card, but nothing yet for The Bar - of course we'll be doing something with that!  :)

All in good time, for now it's about the new Superstars all somehow riding in the back of Santa's Sleigh... heh

CREED

Offline maskedllama

• +64/-61
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 24, 2018, 08:06:38 PM »
IT'S COMING!!!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 24, 2018, 10:17:36 PM »
No, it's HERE!

Virtual 9: NXT Takeover

Non-Specific Cards: (.doc/.pdf)
Finn Bálor, Samoa Joe: (.doc/.pdf)
Shinsuke Nakamura, Baron Corbin: (.doc/.pdf)
Neville, Bo Dallas: (.doc/.pdf)
Tyler Breeze, Mojo Rawley: (.doc/.pdf)
American Alpha, Vaudevillains: (.doc/.pdf)
Asuka, Alexa Bliss: (.doc/.pdf)
Emma, The Ascension: (.doc/.pdf)
Support Cards: (.doc/.pdf)

(It was just pointed out that, oops! We forgot to put the CON promo from this year in the set.  We'll add it to V9B, sorry!)

CREED
« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 10:23:05 PM by CreedP »

Offline Hogtrail

• +15/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 24, 2018, 10:21:42 PM »
These all look amazing. Great job by the art crew.
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 24, 2018, 10:23:48 PM »
Early Xmas present (for central and west coast peeps that is).

A big thank you of course to all developers and play testers!

Online Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +14/-3
  • Onward with the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 24, 2018, 10:33:01 PM »
Hi Creed,

Should <R> Masochist of The Heart TB be 0D or 1D?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 24, 2018, 11:17:24 PM »
Dammit dammit dammit, I knew this was going too smoothly.  :D  Sit tight, I'll fix those images shortly.

CREED

Online Keith0913832

• TCO Donor
  • +14/-3
  • Onward with the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 24, 2018, 11:20:34 PM »
No stress! Could try delegating out such work to others too man. Don't pin everything up on yourself.

Side note though, I think Baron is short of the Andre memorial in the superstar guides.

Offline tyson

• +0/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 24, 2018, 11:32:01 PM »
By any chance will Curtis Axel and Adam Rose be made?

Anyways thanks so much for what you have did with virtual 9: NXT takeover. Great work there!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 24, 2018, 11:35:54 PM »
No stress! Could try delegating out such work to others too man. Don't pin everything up on yourself.

Side note though, I think Baron is short of the Andre memorial in the superstar guides.

Oh yeah, and his picture's even on it!  Fixed, thanks.

Also, I fixed the card image but didn't replace it in the file.  The file with the D: 0 Masochist is now uploaded, but might need to close your browser and reopen it, so it stops pulling the cached version.  Or maybe that's just on my end.

CREED