Author Topic: 30 Days of Raw Deal Christmas  (Read 14013 times)

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Raw Deal Christmas
« Reply #200 on: December 20, 2018, 08:04:58 AM »
I'm the worst at timing...for Joe's backstage fortitude reduction, will a card still reduce it's own fort when playing from under the backstage?

Example: you are at 0F and have only Apply Illegal Leverage (printed 3F) under, when you attempt to play it, does it lose the fort reduction and you cant play?

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: December 20, 2018, 08:21:12 AM »
I'm the worst at timing...for Joe's backstage fortitude reduction, will a card still reduce it's own fort when playing from under the backstage?

Example: you are at 0F and have only Apply Illegal Leverage (printed 3F) under, when you attempt to play it, does it lose the fort reduction and you cant play?

Correct.  When it leaves the area to be played, the fort reduction is gone and it's not a legal play.

Similar thing with Blindside Takedown - you actually need 15F to play it, since when you play it the BSTD leaves the Ringside and the reduction is no longer valid.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Tim (From SG)

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 20, 2018, 08:24:52 AM »
Joe's gonna kill you......
Strong cards so far,excited to see the rest

Oh man, you aren't kidding!

Pop Quiz: What WWE distinction do Samoa Joe and Shinsuke Nakamura share?

CREED

Nice work there! I think there's a "card" text duplication. I believe it should be "for every 2 cards discarded,...".

Offline Tim (From SG)

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 20, 2018, 08:27:43 AM »

Hahaha. i actually had the same question in mind. I wonder?  :laugh:

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 20, 2018, 08:31:59 AM »

Hahaha. i actually had the same question in mind. I wonder?  :laugh:

...I was literally answered 2 posts above yours.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 20, 2018, 10:01:28 AM »
Thanks, we'll get that fixed.  Appreciate you guys catching the minor stuff, I'm sure it seems like we aren't paying attention some times, but in playtesting the focus is on the effects, the power level, etc.  It's easy to miss the word errors like that, as strange as that may seem.

Also, from the previous page:

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover - Full Release Available Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 20, 2018, 10:43:30 AM »
...and while we're on the subject of the King of Strong Style...

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Online Hogtrail

• +15/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 20, 2018, 10:55:35 AM »
Love the update. There is an extra "or" in his ability ;)
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 20, 2018, 11:08:55 AM »
Or what?!  :P

Bah, thanks.

CREED

Offline lotjx

• +3/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 20, 2018, 12:13:39 PM »
Nice. I can't wait to see the rest of the set.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 20, 2018, 07:13:25 PM »
Well, here's one less card to wait for, heh:

CREED

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 21, 2018, 08:11:50 AM »
Here's the last of the new Superstars, and your first option for how he'll emerge when the music hits:

CREED

Offline Tim (From SG)

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 21, 2018, 08:37:33 AM »
Nice! All hail the Demon King!  8)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 21, 2018, 10:27:31 AM »
The Demon Arrives tomorrow, today is about "Bálor Club" Finn:

CREED

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 21, 2018, 10:38:25 PM »
Just got done watching venom finally for the first time..you know, about a guy with something inside of him...some may say is kind of a demon ;)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 21, 2018, 10:44:05 PM »
Yeah, that was a fun flick - I kinda see the resemblance, maybe they're distant cousins?

CREED

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 21, 2018, 10:46:17 PM »
That's very interesting, can hurt you...but man can that be devastating nuking some very good cards from your opponents ring

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 22, 2018, 05:31:41 AM »
When choosing a card to move from your opponents ring is it the entire number of cards you have removed from the game or just the 2+ you happened to move from under your Superstar card at the time?

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 22, 2018, 07:26:42 AM »
When choosing a card to move from your opponents ring is it the entire number of cards you have removed from the game or just the 2+ you happened to move from under your Superstar card at the time?

The second one: just the number of cards you moved on that activation. The verbage is "you removed", referring back to paying the cost of the effect. If it we're counting the total number of cards removed from the game, it would have been written as "where # is the total number of your cards removed from the game."

Offline Tim (From SG)

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 22, 2018, 08:46:31 AM »
Yeah, that was a fun flick - I kinda see the resemblance, maybe they're distant cousins?

CREED

Wow. That plucking effect can be a real nasty combo. Can't wait to see the rest of the support cards. I'm sure it'll be really interesting.
Thanks Creed and the TCO team for the continuous efforts in keeping this going strong. Although sometimes we players may sound complaining, but hey, if we complain, that means we care enough, right? LOL :laugh:

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 22, 2018, 09:16:03 AM »
Well, no.  :D  I mean, catching mistakes, sure.  Constructive criticism, yeah.  "These guys suck" - that's a negative, Ghost Rider, heh.

Anyway, here's one of those cards that leans more toward the Demon side of things...

CREED

Offline Tim (From SG)

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 22, 2018, 09:30:32 AM »
Nice! Promo 3! Promo 3! Promo 3! I like the dual persona concept for Finn Balor and Emma. It shakes things up in an interesting way.
Thank you Santa Creed!  ;D

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 22, 2018, 09:34:52 AM »
Wow, the Visage is gorgeous. All of the cards on this set have been looking great, Finn is getting some really striking ones.

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 22, 2018, 10:10:11 AM »
So for The Demon Arrives, even though it says I MUST move a card in my ring I can op out of that and just randomly remove 3 cards from the game?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 22, 2018, 10:14:27 AM »
Nice! Promo 3! Promo 3! Promo 3! I like the dual persona concept for Finn Balor and Emma. It shakes things up in an interesting way.
Thank you Santa Creed!  ;D

What, like the entrance, the whole 'hands out' thing?  I was thinking something more this:

CREED
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 10:57:43 AM by CreedP »