Author Topic: 30 Days of Raw Deal Christmas  (Read 14811 times)

Offline DebuRaito

• +21/-4
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Raw Deal Christmas
« Reply #125 on: December 11, 2018, 12:58:36 PM »
Just wanna confirm since V9A consist of all 14 new superstars, what will V9B be consisting of? And will there be a further split for V9C?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 11, 2018, 01:22:54 PM »
Like before, V9B will be the back-end of the set, the support cards that aren't ready.  No V9C.  No further information available at this time, this is just about V9A: the new Superstars in the set.

Strange question though, since you don't play Virtual.

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 11, 2018, 01:54:39 PM »
I have a headache just looking at the Tyler Breeze text. I am not a fan of upside down card decks. Thats a personal preference and I know that I am a minority on it. Its just annoying playing against those decks. Still looking forward to Joe and Finn.

Note that Tyler isn't like, say, The Second Coming. He has cards under the Selfie Stick, and face-down ones give him benefits and face-up ones he can play as if from hand (and if needed, he can flip those face-down for a protection against targeted discard or ring removal). He's not flipping cards in his ring face-down or face up.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 11, 2018, 01:59:01 PM »
^ What he said.

We try to make stuff sometimes that has more moving parts (see also: Stardust), but is still (in theory) fun to play and not overly difficult to handle.  Often it takes extra words to protect from being broken with this, or useless with that, etc, so it looks like a lot.

Theoretically, there's some 'smash face' straightforward stuff, and one or more clever guys in the mix, then that one who looks complex but has a unique mechanic.  Something for everyone.  :)

CREED
And sometimes a dude who's just blank with almost nothing on his Superstar card!
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 11, 2018, 06:33:51 PM »
And sometimes a dude who's just blank with almost nothing on his Superstar card!

I'm still Super bummed that my original idea for Sin Cara didn't work out.

You know what I'm not bummed about, though? Virtual 9. This set really came together.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 12, 2018, 12:34:46 AM »
Are you HYPE for the new Superstars?  Cuz you shouldn't GET hype.. you should STAY hype!  :D

(Expect the Hype Train to roll on, next destination tomorrow is.. Dallas! heh)

EDIT:  Thanks to Dilbert for spotting the lack of location in the Backstage card, to choose 3 options you need those HYPE cards in your Ring.  I'll fix that before we release the set.

CREED
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 12:50:27 AM by CreedP »

Offline lotjx

• +3/-19
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2018, 06:37:49 AM »
I just never realized how goofy Mojo looks until I saw those cards. GirdIron tactics is just a beast of a card. I will probably not play him, but I like what was done here. Again, I am not bashing the Tyler or even Second Coming. Its cool to have variety.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 12, 2018, 09:45:25 PM »
Agreed, but the important things is the HYPE for the new Superstars!!

HYPE!

HYPE.... okay, I'll stop that now.  Sorry.  :P

CREED

Offline rachelmon

• +27/-21
  • Kairi Sane is LOVE
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 12, 2018, 10:45:36 PM »
I hope there is some cards which Mojo Rawley can share with Zack Ryder

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 12, 2018, 10:50:49 PM »
We salvaged one from the wreckage of the Hype Bros with two logos on it, yes.  :)

CREED

Offline The Kisser

• +0/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 13, 2018, 07:53:41 AM »
Ok why on MoJo is it his FACE Side and not his HEEL Side as he don't Stay Hyped anymore unless it's to Kick your Butt like he is now since he Killed The Bros of Hype. So are you gonna make him a HEEL Type card like you done w/ Randy by having the Managed by Sherri:HEEL and Miss Liz:FACE as that would be cool. As hopefully you also release a Support Card for Tyler called the FASHION FILES where also The FASHION Police/BreeZango and Fandango can pack it that would be awesome. But awesome Cards so far for V9

Offline NJDevil18

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 13, 2018, 07:57:54 AM »
Just an FYI, on GET Hyped... I think grammatically it should be "put 1 non-reversal card" not cards.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 13, 2018, 08:18:29 AM »
Heh, I made a note of that last night, the downside to change effects around - sometimes you miss minor things like pluralization.  Thanks.

Want more spoilers?  You just have to BO-lieve!

CREED
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 08:22:16 AM by CreedP »

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 13, 2018, 11:30:45 AM »
BO Dallas spoilers on my birthday?? You shouldn't have :)
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 13, 2018, 12:04:42 PM »
And a shoutout to The Softcore Legend whose fantasy Bo Dallas definitely served as some inspiration: http://teamcanadaonline.net///index.php/topic,14433.msg170315.html
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline maskedllama

• +64/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 13, 2018, 09:11:05 PM »
I never thought I would see the day when Bo Dallas was in Raw Deal. I am so so happy.
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 13, 2018, 10:38:35 PM »
BO Dallas spoilers on my birthday?? You shouldn't have :)

It is?  Happy Birthday!

Well, I can't give YOU any spoilers, you've already seen all this stuff, but let's give away some to the TCO'ers, heh:

Some of the random card pictures I liked - hey, is that Nia Jax as a Rosebud?  :D

CREED

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 14, 2018, 08:15:35 AM »
For those who missed it, Bo Dallas's heel NXT championship run was hilarious.  He was convinced the fans loved him - "Boring"?  Yes, Bo is in the Ring!  "No More Bo"?  That's right, they want to Know More Bo!  Great stuff.

(And I had to get that sign in the pic, heh)

CREED

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 14, 2018, 09:16:41 AM »
Bo is looking like a ton of fun. He and The Ascension have me thinking up a fantasy card for those NXT who got called up and were completely squandered.

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 14, 2018, 09:36:34 AM »
Keep reviving old cards, I love it!

Bo and Breeze look like a ton of fun!

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 14, 2018, 11:26:57 AM »
Bo Dallas looks SO fun so far.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline maskedllama

• +64/-61
  • Innovator of the 360 Reverse Diving Hoof Tackle
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 14, 2018, 03:57:58 PM »
I am going to be digging in the crates for some classic cards. I love it. I also love the fond memories of mr. Dallas in NXT. How about that time he tried to Stage a sit in similar to the one Daniel Bryan had done on Smackdown the previous week? Only no fan showed up to do the protest with him and you freaked out and started yelling at everyone.
LLucha LLamadore by Ceika

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 14, 2018, 07:50:30 PM »
I also love when lighting effects make pictures look cooler:

CREED

Offline Tim (From SG)

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 15, 2018, 03:16:20 AM »
Nice! Really like the Tyler set, and Bo Dallas seems really interesting.
Just realized that the 2, 8, 0 effect is a reference to his 280 days reign as an NXT champion. All you have to do is ... BOLieve!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 15, 2018, 09:03:04 AM »
Exactly!  And while Bo had become quite the heel champion, his #1 challenger chasing the title finally got his big chance in the first network special for the brand, NXT Arrival.

In the first-ever Ladder Match in NXT, Bo Dallas was defeated by this man:

CREED