Author Topic: 30 Days of Raw Deal Christmas  (Read 14015 times)

Offline Tim (From SG)

• +4/-0
    • View Profile
Re: 30 Days of Raw Deal Christmas
« Reply #150 on: December 15, 2018, 09:22:50 AM »
The King of the Cruiserweight looks dashing in this set. Gravity may have forgotten this man, but we haven't!  :P

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 15, 2018, 09:29:36 AM »
Exactly!  And while Bo had become quite the heel champion, his #1 challenger chasing the title finally got his big chance in the first network special for the brand, NXT Arrival.

In the first-ever Ladder Match in NXT, Bo Dallas was defeated by this man:

<mutters something about stupid idiot page breaks> :)

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover - Full Release Available Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +77/-70
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 15, 2018, 12:47:17 PM »
"Your NXT Arrival is Permanent"...

Isn't it already permanent?
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 15, 2018, 01:56:37 PM »
It's now double-Permanent.  :P  (Left over from when we moved effects around)

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline The Kisser

• +0/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 15, 2018, 07:21:44 PM »
Exactly!  And while Bo had become quite the heel champion, his #1 challenger chasing the title finally got his big chance in the first network special for the brand, NXT Arrival.

In the first-ever Ladder Match in NXT, Bo Dallas was defeated by this man:

CREED

So does this mean on the non-maneuver thing the non-Maneuver doesn't have to be Successful for him to get the bonus Crud on "The Man Gravity Forgot" or what as that seems kinda crappy on that by oh lookee I reversed your Recovery and now I can get Free Bonuses as I think it should be if your Opponent successfully played a non-maneuver on their turn then you get the bonuses.

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 15, 2018, 07:26:24 PM »
Just says play, so it only matters if he plays one...successful or not

Offline teamzissou

• +0/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 15, 2018, 10:19:11 PM »
The bottom left corner of Neville’s logo on his superstar card seems to be having issues. The yellow box is incomplete. There may be an issue with the bottom right corner too. But maybe it’s suppose to be that way?

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 16, 2018, 07:13:06 AM »

So does this mean on the non-maneuver thing the non-Maneuver doesn't have to be Successful for him to get the bonus Crud on "The Man Gravity Forgot" or what as that seems kinda crappy on that by oh lookee I reversed your Recovery and now I can get Free Bonuses as I think it should be if your Opponent successfully played a non-maneuver on their turn then you get the bonuses.

Counter-point: that means even if Neville has plenty of F and doesn't need the discount, the maneuver still qualifies for being reversed by Your Reach Exceeds Your Grasp (unless it was an RMS maneuver).

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 16, 2018, 07:26:27 AM »
Counter-point: that means even if Neville has plenty of F and doesn't need the discount, the maneuver still qualifies for being reversed by Your Reach Exceeds Your Grasp (unless it was an RMS maneuver).

Untrue, reach/grasp can only reverse a card if you don't have the fortitude to play it (or a multi volley)

(example: it can't revers shoot forearm if you have 10F and are behind making it 0F to play)
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 16, 2018, 07:59:19 AM »
My fatal flaw as a card game player is my inability to read the cards in their entirety.

Back before I knew about TCO, my playgroup made fantasy cards for each of us. One of my cards allowed me to ignore a sentence in a card for this exact reason.

Offline CRASHER

• +91/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 16, 2018, 08:11:10 AM »
My fatal flaw as a card game player is my inability to read the cards in their entirety.

Back before I knew about TCO, my playgroup made fantasy cards for each of us. One of my cards allowed me to ignore a sentence in a card for this exact reason.

It's RMS too  8)
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 16, 2018, 08:16:45 AM »

The reason why I bought RTFC sleeves  ;D

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 16, 2018, 08:38:24 AM »
Just need to chime in regarding RTFC:

I started a running joke among my FFTCG playgroup. If someone does something during a game which goes against what a card says, whoever pointed it out will say "Nobody reads the cards!" If the guilty party catches themselves doing it before anyone else, the phrase is "Nobody reads the cards, especially me!"
Ceterum censeo Chelsea delendam esse.

Don't let this signature distract you from the fact that Dele Alli has 29 more PL goals than Jack Wilshere.

BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal to move to Los Angeles "to be closer to their fanbase" according to Stan Kroenke.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 16, 2018, 09:40:14 AM »
We're fine with leaving it as 'he plays a non-maneuver', since it's just -2F and very negligible.  Here's some more stuff for Neville - and wow, Sami takes a beating this set!  :D

CREED

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 17, 2018, 08:15:05 AM »
And now, here he is.. the devastating destroyer of Raw's ratings - Baron Corbin!  :)

CREED

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +118/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: December 17, 2018, 08:26:50 AM »
Baron Corbin, aka the wrestler I suddenly liked after he was super cool at a local restaurant: https://twitter.com/VANGUARDMKE/status/1067107192577409024
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Online Hogtrail

• +15/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 17, 2018, 08:36:07 AM »
Just to clarify, for Superhuman, ignore your effects that cause you to discard (mid-match cards?) or prevent you from playing mid match cards.
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 17, 2018, 08:50:11 AM »
Yes. 'Mid-match cards' applies to both.  We might have to re-word that so it's clearer, hmm.  (So Lariat Takedown's discard doesn't happen, basically)

CREED

Online Hogtrail

• +15/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 17, 2018, 08:53:10 AM »
Yes. 'Mid-match cards' applies to both.  We might have to re-word that so it's clearer, hmm.  (So Lariat Takedown's discard doesn't happen, basically)

CREED

Cant ignore an RMS card

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 17, 2018, 09:12:16 AM »
You can ignore the effects, as established by Edge & Christian changing the discard effects from an RMS card.

CREED

Online Hogtrail

• +15/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 17, 2018, 09:26:38 AM »
You can ignore the effects, as established by Edge & Christian changing the discard effects from an RMS card.

CREED

Oh. So it's not like Its Great To Be Back here in... not being able to reverse Atomic Lariat? I thought it was ruled that it couldn't reverse it because it couldn't ignore the reversal restriction due to the RMS?

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 17, 2018, 09:40:10 AM »
Replacement effects work on RMS cards (like Edge and Christian), but flat-out ignoring them does not. Superhuman is intended to be a replacement effect, and it'll be worded that way when the set releases.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +494/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 17, 2018, 09:48:36 AM »
Apples and oranges.

A card can generate an effect that can be affected outside of the RMS. However, the reversal ability of a card is prevented from changes in both directions by the RMS.

EDIT: What he said. :)

CREED

Offline Cyaega

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 17, 2018, 10:36:56 AM »
Just checking, but does the discard prevention of Superhuman work for optional effects? Like say JR Style Clubberin?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: Just realised it only interacts with midmatch. But still what if its optional.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 10:39:02 AM by Cyaega »

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 17, 2018, 10:46:24 AM »
How would it interact with Crucifix Rollup TB? Does he just not discard and draw 1? Or will it be one of those, it floats in an unknown space before defaulting to ringside? Or does it not work since the draw is dependent on the discarding?