Author Topic: Got another ? This time around it's on The People's Elbow of The Rock's  (Read 372 times)

Offline The Kisser

• +0/-6
    • View Profile
This is the Version Of the Card I only own and I'm wondering am I supposde to Follow this Cards Wording as in The origanl Printing of the Card I have or The Most Recent Printing that wasn't Throwback in SS3:
My Only Copy of The Card from The Premiere Set
The People’s Elbow

Trademark Finisher / Action

As a maneuver, this card can only be played if after the card titled Rock Bottom is in your ring area.

As an action, place this card back in your Arsenal, shuffle, then draw 2 cards. Doing this will not cause any damage to opponent.

Unique

SV: 3

F: 0      D: 10

Or The Most Recent Printing of Survivor Series 3 Version:

The People’s Elbow

Trademark Finisher / Action

As a maneuver, can only be played when the card titled Rock Bottom or Spine Buster is in your Ring area.

As an action, this card is -10D, shuffle this card into your Arsenal and draw 2 cards.

Unique

SV: 3

F: 0      D: 10

Just curious as The Game Is usually over and was wondering what Cards would help get around that Wording as my Deck is Heel/Fan Favorite/Smackdown! So IDK as I want to keep my Rock/The People's Champ FF.

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Got another ? This time around it's on The People's Elbow of The Rock's
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2018, 06:55:21 AM »
Since the SS3 version is MRP, you have to follow that text. However, reviewing it, I don't see any real differences except that the new version also looks for Spinebuster for determining whether you can play it.

To be clear, you are still allowed to pack and play this original version, you just have to treat it and obey the MRP version of the text.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2018, 06:57:59 AM by MonkeyLord13 »

Offline The Kisser

• +0/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2018, 11:12:53 AM »
Ok as that's how I do the whole Took It on the Chin by the MRP of it by If I did Reverse from Arsenal put it back into my Backlash when I use the older versions of a Card and wasn't quite Sure if you go by MRP on The People's Elbow as well like you do w/ Took It On The Chin and others that don't have a TB Version but Adds Clarification on Some Cards from the OG Sets.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +319/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2018, 05:32:48 PM »
The Most Recent Printing rule says that the most recent printing of a card is authoritative; any older printing of that card (with the sole exception of Throwbacks) immediately defaults to the most recent printing's text.

ALL versions of The People's Elbow read as the SS3 People's Elbow. ALL versions of Took That on the Chin read as the SS3 Chin.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline The Kisser

• +0/-6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2018, 08:36:45 PM »
The Most Recent Printing rule says that the most recent printing of a card is authoritative; any older printing of that card (with the sole exception of Throwbacks) immediately defaults to the most recent printing's text.

ALL versions of The People's Elbow read as the SS3 People's Elbow. ALL versions of Took That on the Chin read as the SS3 Chin.

Thank you CONSTABLE AND ACTING RAW DEAL CEO DAEEEEEEVVVVAAAA and I was pretty sure you go by MRP on Non-Throwback Cards but wasn't quite sure as I love having an OG People's Elbow but was Kinda Depressed nt getting to use it as the Game was usually over before I could even use The People Elbows by Killing them w/ the Rock Bottom as a Reversal now I can use it rightfully. YEAHHHHH!!!!