Author Topic: BIG News regarding FFTCG Constructed Competitive Format  (Read 93 times)

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
BIG News regarding FFTCG Constructed Competitive Format
« on: November 06, 2018, 10:37:01 AM »
For the first time, cards have been banned from Final Fantasy TCG.

As of December 1st, Gesper [5-034C] and Thaumaturge [5-040C] are now banned from Constructed format.

To explain the cards:

Gesper is an Ice Monster which costs 2 CP. While he's in play, on your turn, you can dull him to make each player discard one card. Thaumaturge is an Ice Forward for 2 CP which, when he comes into play, makes the opponent discard a card. He also gains +4000 Power if the opponent has two or less cards in their hand.

Turbo Ice Discard is something that has been prevalent throughout the last two sets. Considering you can have multiple Gesper and Thaumaturge out, and their cheap cost, it's fairly easy to nuke the opponent's hand and make them go into topdeck mode for the rest of the game. Now in playing, I will say that Turbo Ice, while annoying, is not an unbeatable monster. In fact, speaking personally, I've faced the deck multiple times and have won as much as I've lost against it. If anything, to borrow a Raw Deal term, this seems to be based on Turbo Ice Discard being an NPE for players, and SquareEnix making the move is not only to tone down the deck, but also remove the Turbo Ice NPE.

We'll have to wait to see if Turbo Ice Discard weakens significantly to open the meta, but this is exciting news.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2018, 06:44:26 PM by Queensryche »
Ceterum censeo Chelsea delendam esse.

Don't let this signature distract you from the fact that Dele Alli has 29 more PL goals than Jack Wilshere.

BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal to move to Los Angeles "to be closer to their fanbase" according to Stan Kroenke.