Author Topic: Doubts when the card titled "Vengeance" is in my ring  (Read 78 times)

Offline pulga

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Doubts when the card titled "Vengeance" is in my ring
« on: November 05, 2018, 10:40:55 AM »
1.- If "Vengeance" is in my ring and both, opponent and i have 0 fortitude and opponent reverses a maneuver with "Elbow to the face". Does the F added by Elbow activate the effect of Vengeance? since it's required the fortitude to be less than opponent...

2.- What effect is applied the first? the reversal or the Vengeance effect? ex: opponent plays "Manager Interferes" so he can draw a card. He draws before the "Vengeance effect" or after it?

Here the description of the card titled Vengeance. Thanks a lot.

Description
Vengeance

Action

When this card is in your Ring area, when your opponent reverses a maneuver from his hand and your Fortitude Rating is less than his Fortitude Rating, look at his hand, choose 1 card, and he discards the chosen card.

Unique

F: 0      D: 0

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: Doubts when the card titled "Vengeance" is in my ring
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 10:44:27 AM »
I'm moving this to the Rules Forum, where it belongs.

1) Your opponent would have more Fortitude when the reversal resolves, because the Elbow would be in his Ring by then. You get your Vengeance.

2) Vengeance is an outside effect, and resolves in step 7b of the Timing Breakdown. The reversal's text resolves in step 8. You look at his hand, throw a card out from it, then he draws for his Manager.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline pulga

• +2/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Doubts when the card titled "Vengeance" is in my ring
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 10:46:54 AM »
What a complete and solving answer! Thank you very much!