Author Topic: New Age outlaws VS Precision maneuvers  (Read 229 times)

Offline BigB887

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
New Age outlaws VS Precision maneuvers
« on: October 15, 2018, 03:28:12 AM »
New Age Outlaws
Starting Hand Size: 4     Superstar Value: 4
Tag Team Superstar Ability:  Once during each of your turns, you may remove 4 cards in your hand from the game, and when your next card played this turn is a non-Unique maneuver, it is blank for the rest of the turn and can only be reversed from Arsenal.
You can pack B.A. Billy Gunn and/or Road Dogg cards, except Rico Enters!; they are not Smackdown. You cannot pack any Title Belts except the Tag Team title belts; you cannot pack Corners or cards with 'blank', 'brass', 'parts', or 'ring psychology' in the title.

can i use their ability and be able to play precision kick and still lower the F rating on Precision kick

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
Re: New Age outlaws VS Precision maneuvers
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 05:14:44 AM »
I believe the "when played..." effect to lower the Fortitude of the Precision maneuver will affect the card before NAO's ability kicks in.

Timing Breakdown
2a Determine the Fortitude cost for the card, including modifiers, the effects of the card’s player first, then his opponent’s effects. (Multiplication/division first, then addition/subtraction.) You may not play a card if you cannot meet the Fortitude cost, unless a ‘when played’ effect can lower the Fortitude cost; this effect can only be as a function of playing the card.

And I'm not sure if this is right but I think NAO's ability kicks in at step 2e of the Timing Breakdown.

Timing Breakdown
2e Apply any ‘when played’ effects from the card’s controller.

Offline CRASHER

• +86/-56
    • View Profile
Re: New Age outlaws VS Precision maneuvers
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 08:32:45 AM »
The card need be a legal play before the NAO ability would kick in and blank it, it's the same reason they can't play high risks straight-up with their ability, so you can do the discard/overturn for your precision kick/clothesline/etc and then protect it with ability just fine
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +241/-240
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal
Your 2017 Raw Deal Champion