Author Topic: No more shenanigans  (Read 220 times)

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
No more shenanigans
« on: October 06, 2018, 06:52:19 AM »
If my opponent has no more shenanigans in his backstage and has only 1 card in hand and I try to make him discard that card, is he protected by no more shenanigans since he would be discarding the only card left in his hand?

-----------------

Card text helps speed up rules questions. =)

VC

No More Shenanigans
Backstage Card
Cannot be packed by Doink.
All non-Throwback Premiere WWF Superstar and Premiere WWE Superstar cards are blank, and replace "non-Enforcer, non-Superstar" with "non-Superstar-specific Backstage" on all Backstage Shenanigans cards.
When your opponent Activates The Intensity of Ten Cities, you may overturn 1 card and remove that card from the game instead.
When you would discard your hand or Backlash to his effects, you may instead discard # random cards, where # is half the number of cards to be discarded (rounded down).
Unique     RMS logo
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 12:55:20 PM by VelaCards »

Offline Hogtrail

• +15/-3
    • View Profile
Re: No more shenanigans
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 07:17:35 AM »
The card specifically refers to cards that make your opponent "discard his hand..." like Hellfire and Brimstone or You Feelin Lucky (tb)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 07:15:49 PM by Steve Resk »
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 12:44:21 PM »
Hogtrail is correct. Any numeric discard effect does not trigger No More Shenanigans, regardless of how many cards you have in your hand. If I make you discard 10 cards with The Condemned and you only have 7, you drop 'em all.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 12:49:48 PM »
Ok what about in Twisted Smile when it says your opponent may discard 4 cards and if not then I draw up to 3 cards. Can my opponent discard 2 cards if that's all he has and prevent me from drawing 3 cards?

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 01:00:01 PM »
Ok what about in Twisted Smile when it says your opponent may discard 4 cards and if not then I draw up to 3 cards. Can my opponent discard 2 cards if that's all he has and prevent me from drawing 3 cards?

No.

Twisted Smile
-The opponent must discard exactly 4 cards.  He cannot discard less, even if he has less than 4 cards in his hand.
-This card may be reversed by cards such as Don’t Hate da Playa, Hate da Game! and Faceplant.

This is not a "do as much as you can" scenario, as it would be if you were forcing him to discard cards without him having a choice. In this instance, the opponent has a choice: he may do X, or he may allow you to do Y. If he cannot do X, he must allow you to do Y.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 11:25:23 PM »
To avoid a deluge of questions: NOTHING that specifies a number of cards to discard (even when that number is defined by a #) is influenced by No More Shenanigans' protection against hand/Backlash discard. That clause only affects things that specifically say "your opponent discards his hand" or "your opponent discards his Backlash" or the like.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.