Author Topic: No more shenanigans  (Read 648 times)

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
No more shenanigans
« on: October 06, 2018, 06:52:19 AM »
If my opponent has no more shenanigans in his backstage and has only 1 card in hand and I try to make him discard that card, is he protected by no more shenanigans since he would be discarding the only card left in his hand?

-----------------

Card text helps speed up rules questions. =)

VC

No More Shenanigans
Backstage Card
Cannot be packed by Doink.
All non-Throwback Premiere WWF Superstar and Premiere WWE Superstar cards are blank, and replace "non-Enforcer, non-Superstar" with "non-Superstar-specific Backstage" on all Backstage Shenanigans cards.
When your opponent Activates The Intensity of Ten Cities, you may overturn 1 card and remove that card from the game instead.
When you would discard your hand or Backlash to his effects, you may instead discard # random cards, where # is half the number of cards to be discarded (rounded down).
Unique     RMS logo
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 12:55:20 PM by VelaCards »

Online Hogtrail

• +16/-5
    • View Profile
Re: No more shenanigans
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2018, 07:17:35 AM »
The card specifically refers to cards that make your opponent "discard his hand..." like Hellfire and Brimstone or You Feelin Lucky (tb)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 07:15:49 PM by Steve Resk »
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • +320/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 12:44:21 PM »
Hogtrail is correct. Any numeric discard effect does not trigger No More Shenanigans, regardless of how many cards you have in your hand. If I make you discard 10 cards with The Condemned and you only have 7, you drop 'em all.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 12:49:48 PM »
Ok what about in Twisted Smile when it says your opponent may discard 4 cards and if not then I draw up to 3 cards. Can my opponent discard 2 cards if that's all he has and prevent me from drawing 3 cards?

Offline dilbert505

• Raw Deal Rules Manager
  • Global Moderator
  • +50/-42
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2018, 01:00:01 PM »
Ok what about in Twisted Smile when it says your opponent may discard 4 cards and if not then I draw up to 3 cards. Can my opponent discard 2 cards if that's all he has and prevent me from drawing 3 cards?

No.

Twisted Smile
-The opponent must discard exactly 4 cards.  He cannot discard less, even if he has less than 4 cards in his hand.
-This card may be reversed by cards such as Don’t Hate da Playa, Hate da Game! and Faceplant.

This is not a "do as much as you can" scenario, as it would be if you were forcing him to discard cards without him having a choice. In this instance, the opponent has a choice: he may do X, or he may allow you to do Y. If he cannot do X, he must allow you to do Y.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • +320/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2018, 11:25:23 PM »
To avoid a deluge of questions: NOTHING that specifies a number of cards to discard (even when that number is defined by a #) is influenced by No More Shenanigans' protection against hand/Backlash discard. That clause only affects things that specifically say "your opponent discards his hand" or "your opponent discards his Backlash" or the like.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.