Author Topic: MTGO Usernames  (Read 6908 times)

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
  • 2008 Raw Deal World Champion | Team "Ya Got Me"
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
MTGO Usernames
« on: April 14, 2010, 05:57:46 PM »
Figured I'd start a post here, hopefully we can get a mod to sticky this. (I do the majority of my playtesting online!)

If you have Magic: the Gathering Online (MTGO) please post your username.

mine is, oddly enough:

MediumSexy
Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming to Kickstarter soon!)

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
Re: MTGO Usernames
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 05:13:54 AM »
flyinbrian27

As previously posted, I am a MTG n00b (online or otherwise) so excuse my weak kung-fu.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Jypsy

• +35/-39
  • Heh...yeah, wait what?
    • View Profile
    • Gremlins Online
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 10:27:20 AM »
Jypsy27

I was thinking of playing MTGO more, if you guys are up for a game let me know.
~Jypsy, the grand phoob of the universe
Supporter of the WWWYKI initiative.
Proud Member of Team Fear The Mullet
2010 TCO NFL Fantasy Football Champion

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 11:53:17 AM »
Jypsy27

I was thinking of playing MTGO more, if you guys are up for a game let me know.

I added you to my buddy list so I'll see when you're online. I am normally online numerous times through the day, and late at night.
Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming to Kickstarter soon!)

Offline Jypsy

• +35/-39
  • Heh...yeah, wait what?
    • View Profile
    • Gremlins Online
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 12:34:37 PM »
I log in sometimes at work when i have a break from running tournaments, and randomly otherwise.
I will have to whip up a standard deck, but I warn you I haven't picked up much recent stuff, just a few packs of zen here and there.

Offline superradjoe

• TCO Donor
  • +200/-200
  • To impress a chick do the...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 05:22:29 PM »
mine was therabidgerbilmonst er til i gave it to jypsy lol
XBL: Buck Fanana / PSN: Buck_Fanana
Hit me up on Lackey if you wanna play some MANIA ERA!!!

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 06:00:06 AM »
How much does packs ect cost on MTGO? I have been kind of thinking about getting back into Magic (mostly just casual though) but I'd rather play online then locally.

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 08:04:45 AM »
MTGO product costs the same as real life product (minus taxes.)

To get an account on MTGO is $9.99. With that, you get one pack of M10, various random commons/uncommons, and 2 Tickets (also referred to as "Tix".)

It's quite easy to make a casual deck by just buying Tix and trading them with the online trade bots. Many bots sell multiple commons for cheap (I've seen up to 48 cards for one ticket) plus you can usually get the more powerful commons for about 0.25 tix each. In fact, when it comes to the rares, they are usually less expensive online than in real life. (Fetchlands for example go from about 3.5 tix to 4.5 tix online, and around $10 in real life.) All in all, RDW is one of the cheaper decks to make online if you want to play competitively (Goblin Guides go for about 2 tix each.)

Good luck!

Offline Jypsy

• +35/-39
  • Heh...yeah, wait what?
    • View Profile
    • Gremlins Online
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 08:45:40 AM »
I love hitting the free bots up once a month for junk commons, and finding the trustworthy 128+ commons for 1 ticket bots.

I may pick up the duel decks from now on when they become available so I can get lots of really solid cards for basically nothing.

However I would be willing to get into a draft online with you guys sometime, just give me a bit of notice to ensure I have the time and cash for it.

Offline JDub

• TCO Donor
  • +99/-128
  • You're Welcome
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 01:16:57 PM »
Well I just registered, my user name is JDub586.

I have some other questions (about decks and stuff, haven't really kept up with what is going on it Magic in forever) but I'll post a new thread.  :D

Offline DogTheUnemployed

• +21/-23
  • Logic is his Kryptonite
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2010, 04:21:57 AM »
Few questions:

1. How much (in tickets or real dollars) are draft events?
2. Considering that I would probably not spend much on cards, is there A.) a required regular fee or purchase of new cards to keep your account active and B.) a way to recoup some of my money spent if I only spend a few dollars ($20 for example) besides time spent playing since I obviously won't get a complete set that way in order to redeem it?
3. Is there any way to get a free account besides knowing somebody that will give you their account as I am quite willing to play and make do with junk commons?
"Ever since man first left his cave and met a stranger with a different language and a new way of looking at things, the human race has had a dream: to kill him, so we don't have to learn his language or his new way of looking at things." --- Zapp Brannigan (Beast With a Billion Backs)

Offline Dre

• 2007 Canadian Qualifier Champion
  • +12/-12
  • Cool Enough to BE a Halloween Costume.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2010, 07:19:33 PM »
Mine is AndreSegarra,

Drafts are 15.00 even. There is no account upkeep fee, but you do have to pay a $10 initiation fee.

Offline Jypsy

• +35/-39
  • Heh...yeah, wait what?
    • View Profile
    • Gremlins Online
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2010, 08:15:31 PM »
Few questions:

1. How much (in tickets or real dollars) are draft events?
2. Considering that I would probably not spend much on cards, is there A.) a required regular fee or purchase of new cards to keep your account active and B.) a way to recoup some of my money spent if I only spend a few dollars ($20 for example) besides time spent playing since I obviously won't get a complete set that way in order to redeem it?
3. Is there any way to get a free account besides knowing somebody that will give you their account as I am quite willing to play and make do with junk commons?

There really isn't a reliable way to make your money back off of 20$ unless somehow you are lucky enough to pull a baneslayer or Jace out of a pack. then you could likely sell it for tickets in-game then find someone trustworthy to buy the tickets (or card itself) off you for a decent real money price.

If you decide to invest a lot of time and money into the game you can make something back, but I enjoy it for the convenience personally.
I don't care about making the money I spent on it back, I just want to have fun. Gaming for me is a fun hobby, not something I want to make a profit on.

Offline mebrind

• +3/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2011, 02:53:08 AM »
Mebrind, obv. Used to draft a lot in prep for big tournies, but haven't had the money or the motivation to log on in a while, but I do pop in the odd time to get the log in bonus for player rewards :P

Offline HalfBadger

• Team Canada's Genetic Jackhammer
  • +12/-17
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2013, 11:32:09 AM »
I signed up recently, but my activation is in limbo. Will have it figured out soon hopefully.

Username is HalfBadger  :o
"Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first and then seek to win." - Sun-Tzu

2007 Winnipeg Regional Champion