Author Topic: Hi new to the game getting suggestions for a deck.  (Read 545 times)

Offline Starkiller22

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hi new to the game getting suggestions for a deck.
« on: September 17, 2018, 07:47:41 PM »
Hi I'm new to the game and I'm looking for help with a deck that's easy for a beginner to use and be able to hold my own in a tournament setting. My friend Kevin made me a hulk Hogan deck I wanna Branch out from that deck. Any help would be appreciated, thank you and have a nice night.

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Hi new to the game getting suggestions for a deck.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 07:55:20 PM »
Do you play with a backlash deck?

If no, any superstar from the premiere set like Stone Cold Steve Austin, HHH, etc are pretty good choices.

If yes, I'll recommend decks that help tutor maneuvers like Rikishi/Heidenreich/etc as potential good starters.

I assume you don't play virtual (since you're just starting out!), so eventually when you get more familiar with the game, you can try out the other superstars that TCO have made over the years to flesh out the game more.

Offline Starkiller22

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 10:39:42 PM »
I'm taking any suggestions I was thinking about doing either two man power Trip or the new day

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2018, 07:00:05 AM »
I'm taking any suggestions I was thinking about doing either two man power Trip or the new day

Ok, assuming you're using a backlash deck as well as playing with the virtual stuff that TCO produces, I'd say to try the separate components of each faction of both 2MPT and New Day first.

2MPT allows you to use an absurd amount of cards from both HHH and Stone Cold that it's hard to get a feel of the deck. So I recommend messing around with either superstar then mash it up for a deck. Ideas I've seen are the There Is No Escape route, using superstar-specifics to pelt the opponent. (do check out the superstar spotlight for 2MPT here: http://teamcanadaonline.net///index.php/topic,17302.msg198436.html#msg198436)

As for New Day, the faction deck and the separate guys play very differently, and it is quite fun to build either the solo stars or go the faction route to get a feel of the game. Quick recommendations will be Kofi for a high-flyer style deck or Big E for strong hard-hitting moves. New Day faction is quite complicated for a new player as the superstar ability breaks a bit of deckbuilding rules, so it's VERY flexible but I do recommend only building them once you're more used to the game. But as for ideas, going heel/face/cheater is pretty strong, although I don't have any builds to reference here.

Cheers!

Offline Starkiller22

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2018, 03:06:18 PM »
What's a good nxt deck for a beginner?

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2018, 04:10:20 AM »
What's a good nxt deck for a beginner?

I'm not familiar with the NXT format so I'll leave that to the players that are.

But if you're discussing the NXT-affiliated superstars, I'll recommend Kevin Owens. He's VERY straightforward for any player that wants to try out a NXT superstar. He gives you benefits to cripple your opponent a little when you play the NXT belt, and you get strong prematch options such as one that helps tutor for a starting maneuver, and his arguably strongest card, his midmatch action that LETS YOU END YOUR OPPONENT TURN. He has got versatility and can go different builds: I've seen him built Chain/Volley, BASH, pure Volley, dynamic, even SmackDown utilizing the Backed by Vickie build.

Offline Tim (From SG)

• +1/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 07:29:56 AM »
Yeap agreed with the suggestion. KO seems to be a solid one as an NXT superstar. One of the top guns IMO and clearly deserves to be on the top-tier list. After all, it's the "Kevin Owen's Show"!

Offline rachelmon

• +24/-21
  • woo woo woo, you know it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 06:59:05 PM »
Charlotte is no doubt, one of the best NXT superstar.
To pick up 1 card from Ringside with no cost, to draw extra 1 more card with backstage (draw 3, put 2 at bottom) and she also have other good specific support.

Offline CRASHER

• +87/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2018, 07:57:20 AM »
BASH APA is always a good beginner deck, no need to worry about actions, good starting hand, simple ability and some very good cards that fit with "throw moves and smash" concept
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!