Author Topic: Hogan card combo question *CLASSIC*  (Read 150 times)

Offline Gearhead346

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Hogan card combo question *CLASSIC*
« on: August 28, 2018, 05:24:27 PM »
Just wondering if it would be a legal combo to play Fan Appreciation Day and then discard "Whatcha Gonna Do Brother (Throwback Version)" to lower the fortitude on my next maneuver? I would think so as I'm not playing Whatcha Gonna Do Brother since its in my ring area already. Heres the card text.....

Whatcha Gonna Do, Brother? (TB)

Pre-Match Event

When this card is in your Ring area, during your turn you may put this card into your Ringside pile and if your next two cards played this turn are maneuvers, they can only be reversed from your opponent’s Arsenal.

¶ ¶ ¶ (Activated Card Effect Symbol)

Unique

F: 0      D: 0

AND

Fan Appreciation Day!

Mid-match Action: Face

Shuffle up to 2 cards from your Ringside pile into your Arsenal.

Your next card played this turn is -#F, where # is equal to your Superstar Value.

F: 0      D: 0

Offline LawnMowerMan

• +7/-11
  • Going in a scrub walking,out a champion.
    • View Profile
Re: Hogan card combo question *CLASSIC*
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2018, 07:12:28 PM »
I’m not really sure what you mean by discarding it? Neither of those cards say anything about discarding. You could use “I am a real American” to set your ssv to +10 and then play fan appreciation day to lower the fortitude on your next card by a lot. Also pack best laid plans and play him heel or bash so you can get your starting hand back but then again fan appreciation day is face so it wouldn’t really work.
Current Illinois Tournament Organizer.
Future Funk Con And Gencon World Champion!

Offline thebear308

• +12/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2018, 07:57:37 PM »
If the question is "Can I play Fan Appreciation Day and then activate Whatcha Gonna Do, Brother? and still have my next maneuver played be -#F?", then yes, you can do that.  If you did that, if your next card played was a maneuver, it would be -#F and could only be reversed from your opponent's Arsenal.

Offline Gearhead346

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2018, 08:26:58 PM »
If the question is "Can I play Fan Appreciation Day and then activate Whatcha Gonna Do, Brother? and still have my next maneuver played be -#F?", then yes, you can do that.  If you did that, if your next card played was a maneuver, it would be -#F and could only be reversed from your opponent's Arsenal.

This was the question, thank you!

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2018, 05:19:45 AM »
Yes, ACEs do not break the chain of events since it's not a played card. 100% legal play