Author Topic: Lantern  (Read 104 times)

Offline Hogtrail

• +15/-3
    • View Profile
Lantern
« on: August 22, 2018, 12:56:09 PM »
My opponent is batista and I'm bray wyatt. His spinebusters are -10F, but the lanterns makes them +#F. Does the playability check happen before or after the lanterns effects?

Aka, is it F:0 first, or is it 10F + #F - 10F.

The Lantern     (+Wyatt Family logo)
Backstage Card
Cannot be packed when packing Denville, New Jersey or Dallas, Texas.
Your opponent's non-F: 0 cards are +#F, where # is half the number of your non-Backlash cards removed from the game, rounded down.
During his turn, he may overturn any number of cards and then you put the same number of your cards removed from the game on the bottom of your Arsenal.
Unique     RMS logo
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
Re: Lantern
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2018, 01:03:03 PM »
Timing Breakdown, step 2a.

2a Determine the Fortitude cost for the card, including modifiers, the effects of the card’s player first, then his opponent’s effects. (Multiplication/division first, then addition/subtraction.) You may not play a card if you cannot meet the Fortitude cost, unless a ‘when played’ effect can lower the Fortitude cost; this effect can only be as a function of playing the card.

Batista reduces his Spinebuster to 0 first; by the time the Lantern gets a look at it, it sees an F:0 card and does nothing to it.

Same principle applies against Doink.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.