Author Topic: Smash Ultimate  (Read 610 times)

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
Smash Ultimate
« on: August 09, 2018, 04:17:30 PM »
Super Smash Bros Ultimate seems to be at this point Masahiro Sakurai giving fans whatever they ask for. Ridley being the first new character introduced was something long anticipated but never thought a reality. But now thanks to the Nintendo Direct yesterday, it seems "Give the fans whatever they want" is the primary factor for new additions. Proof:

There's tears flowing. But they're not bloody, that I can assure you.

Finally got his lazy ass off the Gangplank Galleon.

With that in mind, I have only one thing to say:

GOKU FOR SMASH!!!!
Ceterum censeo Chelsea delendam esse.

Don't let this signature distract you from the fact that Dele Alli has 29 more PL goals than Jack Wilshere.

BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal to move to Los Angeles "to be closer to their fanbase" according to Stan Kroenke.

Offline Dizzy

• +1/-0
  • Igor's Mommy <3
    • View Profile
Re: Smash Ultimate
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2018, 12:31:28 PM »

GOKU FOR SMASH!!!!

Please god no.

I just want Wart in a Smash game someday. He's overlooked and mostly forgotten and it ain't fair, SMB2 is my fav.
Pizza is life, pizza is love.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +317/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2018, 02:48:09 PM »
That makes me wonder... why has Birdo never shown up in Smash, apart from being a stage hazard in Mushroom Kingdom II?
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline necrobaron75

• +28/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2018, 05:32:05 PM »
R.I.P Luigi
"I'll fade away and classify myself as OBSOLETE."

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2018, 05:44:31 PM »
That makes me wonder... why has Birdo never shown up in Smash, apart from being a stage hazard in Mushroom Kingdom II?

If we're gonna get another Mario character, Geno, Fawful, or Popple need to be at the front of the line.

Don't let this signature distract you from the fact that Dele Alli has 29 more PL goals than Jack Wilshere.

BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal to move to Los Angeles "to be closer to their fanbase" according to Stan Kroenke.

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 04:27:31 PM »

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2018, 03:16:41 PM »
Ken and Incineroar have been announced for the Smash Ultimate roster.

We also got something completely out of left field with Piranha Plant. I'm fairly certain this is Sakurai sticking it to the ungrateful f**kers who piss and moan about everything regarding Smash, but I'll just say I like it.

We're also getting a new single-player mode called "World of Light", which looks pretty neat.

Honestly though, the thing that got me hyped most wasn't any of the above. It was the fact that the game has a VOCAL theme, and it's absolutely beautiful.

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2018, 05:08:43 AM »
Previously, I'd talked with John (Dilbert) about a wishlist for Smash fighters. At the top of my list was a character from an ATLUS JRPG series. However, I considered this a pipe dream and not at all realistic.

I wake up this morning and see a text message from him. I interpret it as something else, but then after I get on my laptop and go to YouTube, I see a Smash trailer which suddenly shows what his text message was actually saying.

You, me, and everyone else never saw it coming.

Offline Eric RD

• +16/-1
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2018, 08:29:03 AM »
Just picked it up and can’t wait. Some things to do around the house before digging into it.

The Joker Persona 5 announcement came out of left field and now it really feels like anyone can be in this game.
Backlash Podcast 28 - McMahonism https://youtu.be/CuYs3VNMm-Q

Backlash Podcast - a Raw Deal podcast - available every other Tuesday on Apple Podcast, Stitcher and YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/c/EricRDeal
https://www.facebook.com/Backlashpod/

Offline Ekhari

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2018, 01:10:31 PM »
Previously, I'd talked with John (Dilbert) about a wishlist for Smash fighters. At the top of my list was a character from an ATLUS JRPG series. However, I considered this a pipe dream and not at all realistic.

I wake up this morning and see a text message from him. I interpret it as something else, but then after I get on my laptop and go to YouTube, I see a Smash trailer which suddenly shows what his text message was actually saying.

You, me, and everyone else never saw it coming.
I have one thing to add: pancakes.  That is all.
Occupy: Mordor.  One Ring should NOT rule them all!

This signature is environmentally friendly and made from 50% recycled materials.

Offline necrobaron75

• +28/-31
  • YEP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2018, 10:45:29 PM »
I
Want
Sephiroth
"I'll fade away and classify myself as OBSOLETE."

Online Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-69
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2018, 02:45:06 PM »
Just picked it up and can’t wait. Some things to do around the house before digging into it.

The Joker Persona 5 announcement came out of left field and now it really feels like anyone can be in this game.

Not "just anyone", they have to specifically be video game characters, not just characters who have eventually been in a video game.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2018, 05:18:54 PM »
Given the fact that Joker got in and he was on the top of my (what I thought to be) unrealistic wish list, I've got the following on my wish list.

Geno from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars is one I (and most Smash players) want in. He's an underrated character from a classic SNES game that many would like to see return.

If SquareEnix is going to get another representative, I would want it to be someone not obvious. For me, Sabin Figaro (FFVI) and Tifa Lockhart (FFVII) would be my picks. Sabin and Tifa make sense as martial artists, and also avoids the "too many sword users" complaint a lot of players have.

My number one pick however is The Doom Slayer (aka The Doom Marine, aaka Doomguy) from DOOM(2016). The rebooted DOOM utterly amazed me, and The Doom Slayer might just be the greatest video game silent protagonist of all time. Plus, it appears Nintendo wants to have a special relationship with Bethesda, and what better way than including the man that makes Hell collectively s**t itself?

Online Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-69
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2018, 09:27:15 AM »
My biggest want:

It's not going to happen because he doesn't originate from a video game BUT he WAS in a video game and is a huge key part of Nintendo history:

Popeye.

I think his art style, animations and attack possibilities are perfect for Smash.

As for Square-Enix having another representative? I'd like to see The Dragon Warrior or Mog, honestly.

If it HAD to be a FF character I can't bet against Cid being an option but I'd personally choose Kefka, hands-down.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2018, 09:49:13 AM »
Now that Joker's in the game, my entire wish list is Mike Jones from Startropics.

Geno would be cool, too, and for an Enix representative, I think I'd probably go with the Slime, since that's common to all DW games.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2018, 11:26:19 AM »
I realized something, which I shared with other friends:

Joker is now in the game. You know who got in the previous installment? Robin.

Therefore, one of the remaining DLC characters MUST be Batman!

My logic is flawless.