Author Topic: 2018 Gen Con Prize Support - Follow Up  (Read 1055 times)

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
    • VelaCards Official Web Site
Re: 2018 Gen Con Prize Support - Follow Up
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2018, 11:40:27 AM »
So overall I feel that we need to do the following going forward (should we decide to):

- Pre-select prizes for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and so forth (depending on what you feel each event will draw). Players who don't like their prizes or want something different are free to engage with other players and trade. It's a tough thing to have to sit back and determine what each prize level is, as personal favorites come into play, I'm sure. Again, set the prizes and let players decide after the fact if they want to trade or whatever.

- Lay the prize support out for each day, so players can see the entire field of merch. No need to lay out prize support for Worlds for a Friday's list of events. Only lay out prizes for THAT day's events. Anything left over get's pushed over to the Big Game and can be added to boost up either grand prize or whatever is deemed necessary.

- Make announcements to all those who play to inform them HOW and WHEN they can collect their prizes. If announcement is made and player(s) still don't get their support, that's on them, not those who are running events. You've been told, still didn't collect - not the tournament organizer's fault you didn't get what your placement yielded you.

- Take pictures of the entire event, not just a couple shots of the finals or final four. EVERY winner of EVERY run event should get their picture taken holding whatever prize they won or what Superstar deck they ran. Promotion of the product is KEY and showing players engaging, having fun is one the best ways in doing this. A lack of pictures being taken is just weak, in my opinion. Be creative with your picture taking. Have fun with it. Fun is what you're supposed to be having any ways, right?

There's some work involved in running these things, as anyone who has run a tournament knows. Putting in the time to lay out prizes, organize them and make sure they are handed out properly, is the responsibility of the tournament organizer/runner. If you're also playing in the event(s), yeah, it sucks pulling double duty, but you DID sign up to run things. As the event runner, the focus is about having fun and making sure everyone is taken care of. Are their promos to hand out for everyone who enters? Yeah, make sure they are handed out to everyone who is actually playing in some kind of event - UNLESS, we decide to have enough copies to hand out to even casual players or those just passing by. That's something we can discuss for future events (again, should we decide to).

Just my 2 cents.

VC
- For all your Supershow & RAW Deal needs!
- Team NBD
- Follow us on Twitter @VelaCards (Damn you D2!)