Author Topic: 2018 Gen Con Prize Support - Follow Up  (Read 1053 times)

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
    • VelaCards Official Web Site
2018 Gen Con Prize Support - Follow Up
« on: August 09, 2018, 11:11:40 AM »
Just wanted to touch base with players who attended this year's big event and ask about prize support and if players were happy. It's a difficult task each year, knowing what to supply and how much. So, was there enough? How were the quality of the cards? Are signed 8x10 photos wanted? What can I do better (for next year)?

All comments, thoughts, suggestions are welcomed. Thanks,

VC
- For all your Supershow & RAW Deal needs!
- Team NBD
- Follow us on Twitter @VelaCards (Damn you D2!)

Offline rated SRH

• +39/-15
  • Welcome to the Rated SRH Era!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Gen Con Prize Support - Follow Up
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 01:38:04 PM »
I loved the support. I was very happy with my Bret Hart sing and Rollins poster. Looking forward to the next lot of goodies. :)
Your 2018 WWE Raw Deal World Champion!!!!!!!

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline Jokerfish

• 2010 Raw Deal World Champion.
  • +65/-69
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 02:35:30 PM »
I never got anything I asked once and no one responded. So other than some signed pics I never saw what the prizes were.
2010 ACMT winner
Your 2010 Raw Deal Champion
avid luchador mask wearer

Most of these are important papers...and some of them might be doodles I never had framed...I can't tell the difference in them.

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2018, 04:28:28 PM »
I never got anything I asked once and no one responded. So other than some signed pics I never saw what the prizes were.

Prizes weren't laid out like year's past? Did you not get to see the 2018 Gen Con Prize cards? Did you get a copy of any of the non-foil Gen Con promos?  Other than the 2 Sting items (which didn't arrive in time for Scott to bring with him), everything I had sent should have arrived and been laid out. I know it wasn't like years' past with a bunch of variety, but I did send some signed Morrison glasses, Dusty book, couple of shirts and a bunch of signed photos.

Man ... I'm sorry about that.

VC
- Team NBD

Offline Jokerfish

• +65/-69
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2018, 04:51:39 PM »
I got the con promos and that was it
2010 ACMT winner

Most of these are important papers...and some of them might be doodles I never had framed...I can't tell the difference in them.

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2018, 05:03:44 PM »
I got the con promos and that was it

Ouch! So sorry about that. I'll reach out to Scott.

VC
- Team NBD

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2018, 05:54:54 PM »
I was at GenCon and I visited the Raw Deal guys several times. There were definitely prizes there, laid out and ready to be taken.

Either you didn’t see them Jokerfish or you did but didn’t realize you could take some.
Ceterum censeo Chelsea delendam esse.

Don't let this signature distract you from the fact that Dele Alli has 29 more PL goals than Jack Wilshere.

BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal to move to Los Angeles "to be closer to their fanbase" according to Stan Kroenke.

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• 2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion
  • +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2018, 06:59:54 AM »
Me and Mackie for the most part watched over the prize support... it was deff there. I walked away with an Angle Sig, some SICK Gen Con Alt art foil prize belts, Morrison glasses which are the perfect size for my daughter (lol) and a few pictures. And this cool Stone Cold Figurine!

A+ Tony
2013 & 2016 Raw Deal World Champion!

2018 Supershow World Champion!

2016 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions!

26 TIME Comic Book Depot Champion!

Offline CRASHER

• +86/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2018, 09:03:09 AM »
Yeah and I'll add in the prize cards looked amazing!!

I won't know how well the nakamura picture goes over till the terrors open their birthday gift in late-september :)
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2018, 12:31:40 PM »
So I'm gathering that signatures are still a good thing - whether that be BAS cards or other signed merch?

Noted.

And pro printed prize cards are a hit, which pleases me. I make no bones about where the knowledge came from about getting them done and I AM thankful for that, but I've been attacked harshly for being able to find a way to monetize the process via a service. Free is great, but I strive for the best QUALITY and if there are issues, we fix it. Last year, we were able to show off what could be done (10th Anniversary cards), much thanks to Josh Temple for getting that done for us. Over the past year, we've really paid close attention to the various different color schemes used for borders (they are not all the same black color) and various other editing. Josh helped us kick start something that has turned into some amazing looking Virtual cards and now some amazing looking prize cards for Gen Con, and we are thankful for that.

Any ways, I got off track there. This thread is about Gen Con prize support and I'm happy that people liked the pro printed cards and other signed stuff. VelaCards will continue to help in funding the prize support each year for Gen Con and may even help with any other big RD tournament events, if asked.

Thanks guys,

VC
- Team NBD

Offline Jokerfish

• +65/-69
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2018, 08:00:19 PM »
As i said I saw the pictures and that was it. there may have been more but it was not apparent to me.
 I asked what the prizes were and got not much in the way of an answer.
 I was told to wait for things to resolve when i placed 3rd /4th  and never heard from anyone again.

I think it is absurd that  placing that high in worlds got me nothing and no one even decided to approach me at supershow when prizes were being given out when I was literally a couple of tables over. so you can say it was there all you want. it doesn't change the fact that I got nothing and you guys were fine keeping me in the dark.
2010 ACMT winner

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2018, 12:46:46 PM »
As i said I saw the pictures and that was it. there may have been more but it was not apparent to me.
 I asked what the prizes were and got not much in the way of an answer.
 I was told to wait for things to resolve when i placed 3rd /4th  and never heard from anyone again.

I think it is absurd that  placing that high in worlds got me nothing and no one even decided to approach me at supershow when prizes were being given out when I was literally a couple of tables over. so you can say it was there all you want. it doesn't change the fact that I got nothing and you guys were fine keeping me in the dark.

WOW! Justin, this does not sound fun AT ALL! So sorry that this happened to you. Having not been there myself, I have no idea what the lay of the land was like, but can only imagine it based on my brief visit a couple of years ago.

Let's find a way to get this resolved.

VC
- Team NBD

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2018, 04:33:37 PM »
 ???

You know we were all with you too for supershow right, Mitch had all the prize support. Him, myself, Mackie, we all played Supershow. During the finals i dont even remember seeing you around the table. It honestly appeared you were good on Raw deal for the day, considering you didn't participate on thursday or friday.

Your sounding like someone calling after a bad experience at a restaurant. And Tony sounding like the manager, dont do that to the guy. Saying this was absurd, but not asking any of us at all about it, kinda messed up

And i was at the tables all 3 days, the support was 100% visable and open  ::)

Offline Scotty

• +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2018, 04:35:16 PM »
Something similar happened at FunkCon. Prizes were picked as Top 4 played their matches (so everyone not playing could leave). Luckily for us, there were leftover prizes, and they were what I’d have picked regardless of what place I finished.

Going forward, for bigger events, top cut prizes should be separate from non-top cut prizes before the event happens to avoid this confusion.

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2018, 04:39:13 PM »
They were seperated, 2 belts, 2 special Sigs, and John Morrison sun glasses. The rest were literally opened for the players as a way to show appreciation for coming out. There was no "set prize" for 3rd/4th, its not like old raw deal days and promo tourney kits with Jimmy and movie cards

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2018, 04:41:50 PM »
Justin, i even recall you mentioning interest in the Shinske Autograph poster. Why didn't you follow up on that?

Offline Jokerfish

• +65/-69
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2018, 10:08:17 PM »
I am not complaining at Tony.  he asked what we thought. I said my peace about it because as i said I didn't see it. 

I am now annoyed because it  is not my responsibility to know every in and out of the tournament. I am a player in the tournament.  I asked after I was eliminated  about prizes and people said that that would be handled after finals to see what was left. I said fine I will be at supershow let me know. and didn't hear from anyone again about it. we all got swept up in supershow and forgot about it until this thread reminded me.

I didn't know Mitch was holding the prizes. so that is why i didn't ask. if there is no prize for 3rd or 4th fine so be it.

is there anyone else that has a complaint with me. cause I don't believe that it's fair to treat me like the bad guy here Jon.   
2010 ACMT winner

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 11, 2018, 11:41:37 PM »
Easy, fellas. Let's focus on fixing the problem.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline CRASHER

• +86/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2018, 05:41:35 AM »
Easy, fellas. Let's focus on fixing the problem.

Already been done, I will be mailing some stuff to him come Monday or Tuesday
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2018, 11:47:37 AM »
Excellent, thank you for following up on that, CRASHER.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline Rip

• +9/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2018, 05:41:16 PM »
I too saw little to no prize support,  I barely got the promos,  honestly it was a bit of a disappointment but I still had fun,  either way.  I don't go to the con just for prize support I go to see old friends get in some games and have fun any prize support is an added bonus.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2018, 06:22:52 PM »
Rip - I didn't see you listed in any of the tournaments, you played?

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2018, 07:39:53 PM »
OK, so as the main prize/promo support provider, this disturbs me.

I don't understand how the prize/promo support is laid out, how they are handed out or what one needs to do (other than win and event of some kind) to get said prizes/promos. I just supply them, so something happens to them from the time they leave my hands and are received by the tournament organizer.

I will work with those who were in charge of distributing prize support and see what issues there were/have been. It would seem that it's a simple process of identifying what each day's prizes will be, broken down as 1st, 2nd, 3rd and so on ... by whatever method the tournament runner for that day sees works best and just laying out the prizes for each given day. Players can swap whatever they want after all prizes have been handed out...

OK, I'm going off track again ... I'll see what I can do from my end to find out what has happened.

VC
- Team NBD

Offline Rip

• +9/-10
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2018, 07:20:48 AM »
I was mainly playing Supershow most of the weekend but I did play in World's m y real name is Chris Morgan... I ran AJ Styles for VC,  APA for VAA,  and Undertaker for Rev.

Offline MrPeoplesTeam

• +13/-31
  • **T3CH IN A BOTTLE**
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2018, 08:02:43 AM »
The promos you got for entering worlds, which you got because i handed them to you, would have been the only promos recieved raw deal wise since you played in Just one event. It was a stack of like 10 cards

The prize support was at the same table row as you man... just like 2 tables away