Author Topic: inside cradle to a multi  (Read 214 times)

Offline Kingsantino92

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
inside cradle to a multi
« on: August 09, 2018, 07:20:22 AM »
Would in win the game if I meet the requirements on an inside cradle but didn't completely reverse the maneuver from hand? Like if I played inside cradle to a multi grapple and finished reversing from arsenal, wouldn't I already win the game just by playing inside cradle?

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
Re: inside cradle to a multi
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 08:21:37 AM »
In the timing breakdown:

5a Targeted opponent may play a reversal card or generate a reversal effect. (If he plays a reversal card, that card will follow its own Timing Breakdown sequence.)
5b If you played a card with Multi, targeted opponent may play or generate a second reversal after the first reversal has completed all effects and damage.
5c If the card is completely reversed, the Timing Breakdown ends.

The reversal you play first goes through it's own timing sequence in which its effects fire off before anything else. Therefore, if you qualify for the win at the time of playing inside cradle, game ends there, even before him taking the damage from the inside cradle.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: inside cradle to a multi
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2018, 02:07:13 PM »
niiiiiiiiiiiick is correct. You wouldn't even get to the point of being able to reverse again, let alone taking damage from the maneuver. You'd win during step 8 of Inside Cradle's Timing Sequence, which is resolved in full before you continue with the Multi's Timing Sequence. Once you win, the game is over, and you can't perform more game actions because there's no more game to perform them in!
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.