Author Topic: New ccg to play?  (Read 329 times)

Offline SoxFan89

• +2/-4
    • View Profile
New ccg to play?
« on: July 16, 2018, 06:59:09 AM »
Hey all, so recently I've gotten some raw deal fatigue and have been looking at other ccg's to play. I have some cards for the Dragonball z ccg but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Ideally, I'm looking for something that would fit this criteria:

1 deck built around a single character

Cards in deck would be used to respond to cards played against you

Not overly complicated to learn

Tl;Dr I'm looking for a ccg simmilar to raw deal. Dragonball is cool but I'm more into the mechanics of raw deal
"AS GOD AS MY WITNESS, HE IS BROKEN IN HALF!"

Offline KD8ESU

• +18/-17
  • Ninja Bob
    • View Profile
Re: New ccg to play?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2018, 08:33:20 AM »
Do I need to do mthe shill, again, for Supershow at this point.

If you're headed to Gen Con, find the SRG Universe booth and ask for a demo.
If you're not, I encourage you to still look into it.
hXi

YOUR 2014 GenCon Supershow Champion

One-half of **** *** Pay, 2015 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions.

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2018, 10:38:22 AM »
It’s not got the exact criteria you’re asking for, but the Final Fantasy TCG is an excellent game. A lot of strategy involved and opportunities for clever play. The great thing about it is that every card in your deck is a resource. Plus, while you don’t build around a single character, it is very character-based, as you attack the opponent with characters from the many Final Fantasy games.
Ceterum censeo Chelsea delendam esse.

Don't let this signature distract you from the fact that Dele Alli has 29 more PL goals than Jack Wilshere.

BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal to move to Los Angeles "to be closer to their fanbase" according to Stan Kroenke.

Offline riothebeast

• +3/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 01:31:55 PM »
Force of will has alot of what you are asking for. I think the game is kinda dying or dead idk i played the demo and loved it was kinda disappointed i didnt get into it. Has a leader and has kinda like hearthstone mechanics mixed with mtg commander.

Offline MediumSexy

• +103/-103
  • 2008 Raw Deal World Champion | Team "Ya Got Me"
    • View Profile
    • MMA Combat Card Game
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 08:27:15 PM »
I could use some playtesters for the (coming soon) MMA Combat Card Game.

There's no "character" to build your deck around, but you can customize your deck using Routine Cards (think Pre-match) that can modify your fighting style.

Print and play files are posted on the website, or if you like I can send you a link where you can buy some prototype decks at cost from DriveThruCards where I get them printed at.

Former World Champion card player and current game designer! Get ready to fight (coming to Kickstarter soon!)

Offline Steve Resk

• Global Moderator
  • +10/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2018, 03:57:30 AM »
Hey all, so recently I've gotten some raw deal fatigue and have been looking at other ccg's to play. I have some cards for the Dragonball z ccg but I'm not sure how I feel about it yet. Ideally, I'm looking for something that would fit this criteria:

1 deck built around a single character

Cards in deck would be used to respond to cards played against you

Not overly complicated to learn

Tl;Dr I'm looking for a ccg simmilar to raw deal. Dragonball is cool but I'm more into the mechanics of raw deal

The Supershow
Competitor to build around. Check
Cards in deck can respond to cards played. Check
Not overly complicated to learn. Check

Diddo on what Mr. Taft said, Supershow is similar to raw deal is theme and card types.
Check it out, it’s $20 for a 2 player set.
#NATEHATESME
Proof reading in fear of Daeva's wrath since 2/10/14

A spectacle so GRAND, it can only be called The Supershow.
Super Set 4 the Knockdown is live on KS!
Join Us! Support Us!https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1918193924/supershow-the-game-the-knockdown-by-srg-universe