Author Topic: Found out this game is not dead!  (Read 149 times)

Offline Heatseek

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Found out this game is not dead!
« on: July 12, 2018, 10:57:00 AM »
It has been a really long time since I last played Raw Deal. Long story short, I started around 2005 maybe 2006. From what I can remember it was when the Armageddon set came out. I played in the West Bend, Wisconsin area. A lot of good players from in and around that area. I remember having some good turn outs at the tourneys there. Towards the end of 2007, I moved to Florida. Once I settled from the move I started looking for local areas to begin playing again only to find out the game was discontinued. Fast forward to today, I found one of those Raw Deal tin deck holders buried in a box and it had some weight to it. I opened it up and found an old deck I played. That brought back some memories. Unfortunately, I have no idea what happened to my collection. Did some google searching to see if the game revived and discovered it has been for a long time.

Not sure how the virtual thing works. Is there an online platform where people go to play like Magic the Gathering online? I tried doing some searches on the net to find anyone playing around central Florida. I am sure if I scour this site I could find something. I will say that looking back at all the cards brings back a lot of memories. I would like to start playing again but I am not even sure where to begin if I would play again because  I have to pick a superstar and learn how to build a deck again.

Offline niiiiick

• +14/-8
    • View Profile
Re: Found out this game is not dead!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 11:27:41 AM »
LackeyCCG is the online program we use.

Check this thread out: http://teamcanadaonline.net///index.php/topic,12440.0.html

Theres usually a few guys on each night. We also have a discord up that you can join and see who may be on or is getting on:

https://discord.gg/A5kuKF

Offline riothebeast

• +2/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2018, 12:34:57 PM »
Welcome back sir. Hope to see you on discord and playing on lackey. Many of us will help you if needed in figuring out virtual and playing on lackey just let us know. There are also shows to help speed you back up into playing such as ericrd and scottys backlash podcast and me and my buddies show wwz podcast on youtube.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2018, 01:49:00 PM by riothebeast »

Offline Heatseek

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2018, 02:20:14 PM »
Thanks guys. I will be sure to check those out sometime.