Author Topic: Need Set Help  (Read 154 times)

Offline mariner325

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Need Set Help
« on: August 24, 2018, 08:07:57 AM »
Hey!

I'm trying to get back into raw deal with some friends, and I can buy either a few booster boxes or a starter set/booster combo. The booster boxes can be from earlier sets whereas the combo is either SummerSlam or Revolution 2.

I was wondering if we'd have trouble getting 4 superstar decks out of boxes of the first set, fully loaded or mania if we did booster box only.

Offline CRASHER

• +87/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Need Set Help
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2018, 08:10:24 AM »
The combo box has to be revo 2, those only existed in the revolution format, but those are definitely more "play out of the box" than summer slam ones will be
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline mariner325

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2018, 08:15:00 AM »
It is. Is that better than going after multiple boxes of the very first set?

Offline CRASHER

• +87/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2018, 10:15:08 AM »
It is. Is that better than going after multiple boxes of the very first set?

The combo box is all the starters plus some boosters, perfect for sealed deck events :)
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline MonkeyLord13

• +10/-1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2018, 10:44:02 AM »
You'll probably be hard pressed to build decks out of boosters from earlier sets, unless there's a survivor series in there. You'll be relying on getting sets of the booster only Superstars, and you'll be unlikely to pull basic reversals like elbow to the face, step aside, etc.

You certainly won't have any trouble building 60 card decks, it will just be a very specific meta.

That said, if you supplement those boxes with some of the virtual stuff from this site, you can make up for a lot of that slack, and introduce a horde of complete Superstars, not to mention support for anyone you get from the boosters.

Offline The Softcore Legend

• +89/-107
  • Have a Nice Day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2018, 12:28:18 PM »
I think the most bang for your buck to get the feel of raw deal would be both a starter box and a booster box from Survivor Series 2. Especially if you are new, or haven’t played for a really long time.