Author Topic: Playing the game again, but a little lost  (Read 278 times)

Offline MrPerfick

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Playing the game again, but a little lost
« on: June 24, 2018, 12:07:02 PM »
Hello there, I am starting to play Raw Deal again, mostly because my son loves wrestling.
I found some of my older stuff, and bought some smaller lots.
I am looking to play Triple H for myself and Kurt Angle for my son.
There are a lot of cards for both these guys.
Would anyone be willing to kind of tell me what I should buy first for them to have viable decks that aren't just filled with starter cards?
Should I just buy all their superstar cards?

Online CRASHER

• +85/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Playing the game again, but a little lost
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 05:50:22 AM »
That's a rough one.....HHH has a lot of "Disposable/Situational cards" (Screw the Rules, Lunging Choke Hold as examples) ....even Leaping Knee isn't needed if you're going to run Irish Whips.....but man his Actions and Reversals are good (not to mention the 2 Finishers are awesome)

Angle (is it going to be classic Angle or Freakin Hero?) the moves are solid....again the reversals are awesome....but if you're running chain YFH, the 3 I's and the Mid-Match are situational too, it all depends on the kind of build you want to run with them (I know it's a non-answer, but kinda looking for more info here)

Also if you choose the Virtual Legend HHH you don't need all his cards too which might be more budget-friendly too....
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 07:35:21 AM »
I'm going to go under the assumption that this will flow as a maneuver-based game, not (say) a Scoop Blue Wave Angle deck.  I'll also assume that you will be using the originals and not the remakes (though if you're using the remakes it changes some of the priority of the cards).

On HHH, I'd say the priority is:
1) Game's Sleeper
2) Pedigree
3) Flair/Chyna/Steph Interferes (one of these, in this order of importance)
4) Cause I Am That Damn Good
5) Sledgehammer Shot + Game Over?!? + Bring the Hammer Down - they're kind of a package deal and will be tough to get.
6) Gentleman's Establishment - only if you want to add difficulty to your son's matchups

After that its wherever you can fill in.  If you got them in your lots, the SS3 Rumble Pack covers most of these except for 2, 3, and 5, as well as a bunch of others.  If you have the HHH/Game starters already (Leaping Knee, I Am The Game, Facebuster, Lunging Choke Hold, You Don't Want To Play Me and It's All About Control) then make sure to print both Ring General TB and The King's Throne for Triple H in Virtual 1, as both help his starters become more useful.  DX Crotch Chops and Reinforcements from the DX Army are secondary but Chops in particular is useful.  For Angle vs. HHH matchups, I've assumed you want to play fair and let your son have a chance, so I've purposely left out Cerebral Assassin (which eliminates Angle's hand size increase).  If you plan on continuing to other matchups, I'd say Cerebral Assassin is #5 and the Sledgehammer Shot Package is #6.  He has a bunch of other actions, but for this matchup they can mostly be ignored.

On Angle (assuming you got the 6 starter cards of Intelligence, Integrity, Intensity, Angle's German Suplex, Woooooo!, and Angle's Moonsault), I'd prioritize
1) Angle Slam/Angle Lock.
2) It's True, It's True
3) Do You Live By The Three I's
4) Any Angle-specific Pre-Match you can get your hands on - most are easy but First to Tap is difficult - the priorities are Just Hold On A Second, Mister and The Angle Invitational
5) Where Are Your Medals?
6) Bad to the Bone
7) Angle's Leg Bar
8) Angle's Uppercut or American By Birth - Angry By Choice

To be clear, I'd have the order above much different if the person playing is more interested in a broader competition/tournaments, but for the specific father/son matchup, I'm sure the son's going to want to hit his spots (so to speak) - the top 3 cards will do that or help in doing that.  Angle didn't get a ton of Virtual support - he was already kind of a monster with 3 x Angle Cuts -  but if you don't get the Angle Uppercuts then Angle's Series of Germans is a good thing to toss in there. 

If you guys choose to use the remakes, then I'd make the following changes:
1) With The Game, you're going to want to get your hands on all the Triple H actions you can.  He has a Virtual backstage that makes the first one every turn 0F and Chain.
2) With Your Freak'n Hero, his Storyline lets him outright play 3 I's in the Pre-Match and you can't stop them, so the mid of Do You Live becomes the top priority.  Collegiate Champions is secondary, and then everything else as above.
3) With The King of Kings TB (the virtual legend HHH) he can only pack a specific sub-set of Triple H cards - the maneuvers and That Damn Good become the priority, but also he's going to need some stuff that Legends get.  Most can be printed out (Legendary Defense, Legendary Ruthlessness, Legendary Assistance, Legendary Ring Work, and Livin' The Good Life - I'd skip Through All These Years), but just be aware that Legends bend the rules ever so slightly - example Step Aside can reverse Choke Hold in a Legend. 

If you have any other questions let us know, happy to help.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline MrPerfick

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 11:25:18 AM »
Thank you for that list, it will help a ton.
I may go with that Legendary Triple H.

as for Angle I'll probably be doing Your Freaking Hero.

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-103
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 10:13:16 AM »
Just don't pack Legendary Assistance if you play as the King of Kings/Legend HHH That's illegal, because he can't pack Run-In cards.  ;)
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!