Author Topic: Revo Dolph  (Read 197 times)

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
Revo Dolph
« on: July 09, 2018, 08:34:45 PM »
Won't be at Gencon sadly...but talking about it has peaked my VAA interest. What would happen with the below scenario:

Revolution Dolph Ziggler
Starting Hand Size: 6     Superstar Value: 4
Superstar Ability:  Once during each of your turns, when you have lower Fortitude and have not played any cards this turn, you may discard 1 non-Unique D: 2+ Core: your next Core played this turn must be reversed as if it has the discarded card's maneuver type and Damage instead, and cannot be reversed by non-hybrid non-Unique cards from hand.
You cannot pack Corners, and you cannot increase the damage of your Core maneuvers.
VR4

Revolution I Am Perfection
Pre-match: Event
Your opponent reverses a Core: draw up to 1 card.
Successfully play a Core: he reveals 2 random cards from hand.
When a non-Revolution card is in your Ring: you may discard Unique Cores for your Ability, and you may reveal it instead of discarding.
Unique     Permanent
VR4

Whirlwind Kick
Strike + Assault: Core
You may search for this card as if it was non-Unique.
Put up to 2 cards from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal.
When you have a Revolution card in your Ring, this card is +4D and cannot be reversed by reversal cards greater than D: 2.
F: 0     D: 5    Unique     Multi     head

If playing VAA, and Dolph gets the "When a non-Revolution card is in your Ring: you may discard Unique Cores for your Ability, and you may reveal it instead of discarding." text from his Revolution I Am Perfection and reveals Whirlwind Kick, does the next core played become a multi Strike+Assault, or can it only adopt 1 of the move types?

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
Re: Revo Dolph
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 06:48:57 AM »
The played maneuver becomes a 5D Strike + Assault for the purposes of your reversals and cannot be reversed by non-hybrid non-Unique cards from hand.

Note that if the maneuver is not multi, then it does not become multi - it just becomes reversible by any single reversal that stuffs a strike or assault.  It also gains none of the text, so it can't ever become a 9D card.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 10:09:58 AM »
So it can be reversed by 1 card that hits either a strike or assault? And since it doesnt carry over traits, if the core actually being played is non unique, it stays non unique and can be reversed as such, correct?

What if I flip the situation and reveal, say a Hold and then play Whirlwind kick? It's still multi and can be reversed as such but has to be reversed as if a hold for whatever damage the revealed card is as well?
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 10:11:31 AM by niiiiick »

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +317/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 04:02:33 PM »
Yup, that's exactly what Dolph says he does.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.