Author Topic: Banned from Ringside vs Backstage Politics  (Read 466 times)

Offline W4RP47H

• TCO Donor
  • +4/-5
    • View Profile
Banned from Ringside vs Backstage Politics
« on: July 08, 2018, 02:08:55 AM »
I think I know how this works but curious of others opinions. If you are RTC you cards get RFGd  but played Banned from Ringside never lets action or maneuvers go there when reversed. Correct?

----

EDIT: Card text always helps for easy reference for rules people. =)

Right to Censor (Superstar Card)
Starting Hand Size: 5
Star Value: 1
Superstar Ability:
You may not play FACE or HEEL cards. You may reverse any FACE or HEEL Action card and end opponent's turn by discarding a card from your hand.
Once during your turn, you may note the number of cards in your hand, place them on the bottom of your deck and draw the same number of cards.
You may not play any title belt except the Tag Team Title Belts.

Banned from Ringside
Pre-match Event
Your opponent's Starting Hand Size is -1.
When this card is in your Ring area, when your opponent reverses an Action or Maneuver from his hand, you may put the reversed card on the bottom of your Arsenal instead of in your Ringside pile.
Smackdown logo
Unique
F: 0      D: 0

Backstage Politics
Pre-match Feud
Your opponent's Starting Hand Size is -1.
When this card is in your Ring area, during your opponent's turn, he may put 1 non-unique card from his Ring area into his Ringside pile and put this card into his Ring area.
When this card is in any Ring area, cards that go to Right to Censor's Ringside pile are removed from the game and their cards and effects cannot modify the Fortitude of their opponent's Reversal cards.
Active
Permanent
F: 0      D: 0
« Last Edit: July 08, 2018, 09:51:46 AM by VelaCards »

Offline W4RP47H

• TCO Donor
  • +4/-5
    • View Profile
Re: Banned from Ringside vs Backstage Politics
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 12:52:58 AM »
Thanks for the edit. Helps provide context.

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 06:21:24 AM »
Short answer: Banned works if you have the BSP in your Ring AND there's only one copy in all rings.  When your opponent has BSP in his Ring or both players have a copy in their respective Rings, then Banned does NOT work.

The long answer will come later, but basically the person who owns the politics fires the effect in the timing breakdown, and if you own both the only politics in the Ring and Banned, you can have Banned go first and then Politics will not have a target.  But if he owns Politics, he fires Politics before Banned can act.

Debu is right here.  I was reading BSP like Piper's Pit, and it doesn't function like that.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 07:12:17 AM by BigPimpin »
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline DebuRaito

• +17/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2018, 06:54:47 AM »
It doesn't matter Backstage Politics is played by which player, banned from ringside will place the reversed card on the bottom of Arsenal before it even reaches RTC Ringside pile.

Offline W4RP47H

• TCO Donor
  • +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 08:56:16 PM »
Thank you that is what I thought. BSP and Piper's Pit was referenced. Can some one please explain that interaction as I was literally just looking at those cards?

Edit* not BSP but Banned from Ringside.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2018, 08:58:10 PM by W4RP47H »

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +317/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 11:29:00 PM »
Banned from Ringside is an outside effect to the reversal, and goes off in step 7b. Backstage Politics doesn't kick on until step 8 when the card is physically punted to Ringside. Banned is faster and wins out.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline W4RP47H

• TCO Donor
  • +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2018, 03:59:32 AM »
Cool. Thank you. Not sure how it is faster "on the stack" or whatever but that is the effect I want.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +317/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2018, 04:58:21 PM »
Banned redirects the card in 7b. So when step 8 comes around, Backstage Politics says, "Hey, if you're going to the Ringside, remove yourself from the game instead" and the reversed card says, "I'm not going to Ringside, leave me alone, man!" and Backstage Politics huffs and says, "Fine, I don't want to talk to you anyway."
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline W4RP47H

• TCO Donor
  • +4/-5
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2018, 01:04:39 PM »
Lol. Love your analogy.