Author Topic: The Total Package and Mean Gene  (Read 327 times)

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-69
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
The Total Package and Mean Gene
« on: June 28, 2018, 09:59:08 AM »
Posting this for a discord user (Dizzy), had me questioning it:

The Total Package
Starting Hand Size: 6     Superstar Value: 3
WWF Superstar Ability: Your cards cannot be modified by non-Backstage card effects or your opponent's Ability.
You may pack No Sell Maneuver cards and Lex Luger cards, replace "dynamic" with "BASH" in their text, and they are WWF cards instead of WCW or nWo cards.

Interviewed by Mean Gene Okerlund
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.
Cannot be packed by Cryme Tyme, Eddie Guerrero, Eugene, Mr. Pay-Per-View, and The Home Team, or when packing Revolution WWE Cruiserweight Title Belt or a card with 'no escape' or 'salary' in the title.
When packing this card, your cards listed on this card are Unique, Permanent, and ignore the "Can only be played..." text.
Your opponent cannot respond to your Good Things Sometimes Happen, Offer Handshake, Turn the Tide, Turn Up the Heat, Well-Deserved Push, and Who Booked This Match? cards.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent

Can I pack this in The Total Package to get the benefits without my cards becoming unique and permanent per his ability?
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 10:02:28 AM by Drywall »
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline Drywall

• TCO Donor
  • +76/-69
  • 16-bit romantic, proprietor of Geek Street.
    • View Profile
Re: The Total Package and Mean Gene
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 03:39:34 PM »
Hate to bother, just hoping I can get a clear understanding on this.
I'm the wind, baby.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +317/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 04:02:26 PM »
Yeah, Package protects his cards from everything that Mean Gene tries to do to them. For Package, the entire third clause might as well not exist.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Online niiiiick

• +16/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2018, 06:30:58 PM »
So Mean Gene is completely useless in Total Package?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 06:33:21 PM »
While I try to keep the Rules Forum strictly about rules, there's probably people asking if we're going to errata something.  Quite frankly, I'm not worried that a BASH-oriented Superstar might do something with Face cards, when his maneuvers can't be modified by cards with 'Turn' in the title, but if we get word down the road about some broken build, we can consider it.

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Coming Dec. 25

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +317/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2018, 06:35:46 PM »
Turn Up the Heat and Turn the Tide can't make stuff irreversible for Package, and Good Things Sometimes Happen is a dead card for Package, but everything else on there works fine (as long as Package can get his SSV below 3 for Well-Deserved Push, anyway).

Whether it's a good idea or not is outside the scope of the Rules Forum.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline EatSleepGymRepeat

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2018, 04:57:19 AM »
Interviewed by Mean Gene Okerlund ignores can only be played text on well-deserved push. so i believe all superstar is able to play unless i read something wrong

Online Hogtrail

• +15/-3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2018, 04:59:30 AM »
Total package can't ignore text
Please Like The Film Slobs on Facebook and Twitter!

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2018, 07:46:30 AM »
Interviewed by Mean Gene Okerlund ignores can only be played text on well-deserved push. so i believe all superstar is able to play unless i read something wrong

Welcome to the Rules Forum!

For future reference, this section is not for opinions, it is for the official rules of the game.  Since I've stepped up to directing production of new sets, Daeva is now the 'official' rules manager of Raw Deal.  Between the two of us, we use the past rules and precedents to determine issues as needed and set any rules necessary.

So if you aren't sure about a rule, you don't need to guess, someone will post the official answer to the question before long.  :)

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Coming Dec. 25

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard