Author Topic: New Nexus  (Read 316 times)

Offline Eric RD

• +16/-1
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
New Nexus
« on: June 24, 2018, 10:02:47 PM »
New Nexus

Backstage Area
Tenth Anniversary
Raw Deal 5th Anniversary
Backstage Signature
Backstage Signing Appearence
The Nexus Armband
The Numbers Game
Initiation into New Nexus
All Shenanigans

Pre-match:

Dubuque, Iowa *
Tech in a Bottle *
Handicap Match *
Summer Slam
Old School Wrestling Match
Old School Cage Match
For the Love of the Game x2
Ruthless Aggression
Mouths Writing Checks Bodies Can't Cash
Making Your Escape
Special Guest Referee

Mid-match:

Reinforcements from Harris & McGillcutty *
Your Reach Exceeds Your Grasp *
Shoot Counter *
The King Interferes *
Turning Everything Upside Down
Restricted Use in This Area *
Unscrupulus S.O.B. *
Overrated Superstar
Ready to Fight x3
Flurry of Finishers

Arsenal:
Choke Hold TB x2
Shoot Russian Leg Sweep x3
Blindside Drop Toe Hold x3
Blindisde Tornado Strike x3
Atomic Lariat x3
Dynamic Finisher
Punk's Springboard Lariat
Punk's Shoot Roundhouse Kick
The Perfect Neck Snap
Anaconda Vise
A-List Spinebuster
Mason Ryan's Sit-out Slam
G.T.S.

Kristal: Broadcast Beauty x2
An Army Tank With a Ferrari Engine
My Addiction is Wrestling

Leg Drag TB x2
Nerve Hold x2
Volley This x3
Don't Try This at Home x2
Don't Be a Douchebag
Armageddon
Out of Nowhere
Two-Time! Two-Time!
Backhand Slap
Dropping a Pipe Bomb

A Revolution of the Mind x3
Get the F Out x3
Elbow to the Face x2
Manager Interferes x3
It's Great to be Back Here In...
Divine Intervention
Carlito Says, "That's Not Cool!"
You Missed Your Chance
Unintended CONsequences
The Muscle of New Nexus
You're Either Nexus or You're Against Us
McGillicutty Interferes

(*) Are for Backlash decks cards I keep after the effects of Initation into New Nexus.
Tech in a Bottle searches for Choke Hold that they cannot respond to thanks to Initation.
Usually I'll play Handicap match and see if they play Oldschool Wrestling Match, if they do not I would sometimes SummerSlam to play it right away or Cage Match. Another strategy I have with this deck is playing Mouth/Cash, but I can't recover because of Dubuque right? If I activate the venue as a reversal I can return it to Backlash with the ACE from Reinforcements from Harris & McGillcutty. This recovery card can be a life saver and they don't see it coming, unless they read this...
Everything else is personal preference/match-up. Reinforcements can get back Ready to Fight, Flurry of Finishers when needed. End of Pre-match effects are Backstage Autograph Session. Quick and simple.

The Superstar abilty on these guys makes for some small hands on the opponent quickly. Blindsides can go through easier because of this. Drop Toe Hold has very little drawback due my opponent having just about no options for removal unless I have Shoot Counter in play. Hopefully I manage to draw Shoot Russian Leg Sweep in my opening hand to play protected with Initation. It's a whole different game if this works out.
Any other non-hybrid maneuver can be picked up with my Mid-match ACE as long as they get removed from the game. Which will happen with the ACE cost and Volley This. Punk's Springboard Lariat is great, same with Dynamic Finisher and The Perfect Neck Snap.

It's a fast aggressive deck that can keep your opponent from successfully playing maneuvers for a while early on.

Mistakes/Changes:

Flurry of Finishers lets me play my first or second Trademark Finisher ignoring the "Can only be played..." text. I missed this with The Perfect Neck Snap, otherwise I would have been playing it first along with a second TMF from Ringside. Adding See How it Feels in the Backlash is a must as well since it can be played along with Flurry. That will make 7 TMF in this deck.

Choke Hold was a big loss for my in my 5th round game against Scotty. It removed my Leg Drag from the game, I also had one in Ringside from my ability. Played The Muscle of New Nexus to a multi Strike, it allows me to search for a non-unique maneuver. Couldn't find a Leg Drag since I didn't check my areas first and had to let the maneuver through. Technical Monkey Flip for Tech in a Bottle, so that will be the change going forward replacing the two Choke Holds. This will not work, they cannot pack set-ups.

Other than that, I've been really happy with this deck over the last few months and the practice really paid off this past weekend at Planet Funkcon. Feel free to comment/critique.

« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 10:08:03 PM by Eric RD »
Backlash Podcast 28 - McMahonism https://youtu.be/CuYs3VNMm-Q

Backlash Podcast - a Raw Deal podcast - available every other Tuesday on Apple Podcast, Stitcher and YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/c/EricRDeal
https://www.facebook.com/Backlashpod/

Offline riothebeast

• +3/-9
    • View Profile
Re: New Nexus
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 05:56:26 AM »
You should add in undermine since you are raw. Id still like to see this as heat for the davari loop. Maybe a managed by divas to dig for shoot russian or managed by vince with two taunts a turn 1 open of shoot counter can be very deadly mid to late game. I know after playing you i have been really looking at them alot

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2018, 06:48:50 AM »
While it's slightly counterproductive to your SSA, you're not a super count-on-discard deck, so Blindside Hook (I believe) also works with Tech In A Bottle and has the same concept-type effect.  I could see the one-and-one of Choke Hold TB and Blindside Hook being a thing. 
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Eric RD

• +16/-1
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2018, 01:53:34 PM »
You should add in undermine since you are raw. Id still like to see this as heat for the davari loop. Maybe a managed by divas to dig for shoot russian or managed by vince with two taunts a turn 1 open of shoot counter can be very deadly mid to late game. I know after playing you i have been really looking at them alot

Those Pre-match would take up a lot of space. I have to be pretty deliberate with what I keep due to my Backstage Specific card. Managed by the Divas would be the best option there as it takes less space.

While it's slightly counterproductive to your SSA, you're not a super count-on-discard deck, so Blindside Hook (I believe) also works with Tech In A Bottle and has the same concept-type effect.  I could see the one-and-one of Choke Hold TB and Blindside Hook being a thing.

The one-and-one idea with Blindside Hook is a good idea. Not a fan of letting my opponent draw a card after they discard 3. They would then draw 1 at the end of my turn and 1 for their turn. Sets me back a little bit.
I'm more count on discard than it appears. Those Blindside maneuvers are protected by nothing so they have to have almost no hand.
Backlash Podcast 28 - McMahonism https://youtu.be/CuYs3VNMm-Q

Backlash Podcast - a Raw Deal podcast - available every other Tuesday on Apple Podcast, Stitcher and YouTube.
http://www.youtube.com/c/EricRDeal
https://www.facebook.com/Backlashpod/