Author Topic: [Spoilers] Persona 5 Royal  (Read 151 times)

Online BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
[Spoilers] Persona 5 Royal
« on: March 31, 2020, 07:48:11 AM »
Yeah, so for those that don't know, I'm a HUGE Persona game fan. I played Persona 1 when it first came out, I'm inches away from the true ending of P4 (haven't played P4 Golden because no PSVita...), and I've invested at least 200 hours into Persona 5 on PS3 when I acquired it.  Every trophy achieved. 

So of course I ordered P5R at the first opportunity and it showed up for me yesterday.  I'm only 6 hours in, but it already feels like a whole different gaming experience.  There's too much here to be specific about the totality of the change, but some of the biggest QoL changes so far:
1) Gun ammo refills after every battle, which is a HUGE QoL upgrade.  In P5, you had basically two clips worth of ammo for your guns and that was it for the whole Palace.  You're now down to one clip, but it refills every battle.
2) I've only done two confidant-type things so far (Death and Chariot) but both already have had scenes added onto their relationship-building events.  Also somewhat related:
3) Atlus took note of what I feel were the two most glaring problems in the early game - the lack of available money and the lack of SP recovery in palaces.  The addition of Will Seeds, along with a couple of tweaks to some of the early game stuff, and the Death confidant may actually pay you for your killing yourself. 
4) Addressing another minor problem, the tweak to "high-level" Shadows really gets you a better chance at getting appropriate armor (albeit at the cost of doing more laundry...) or at the worst gives you more money when you sell the things.

For those that may be playing, I'm curious if you have any thoughts
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Online dilbert505

• Global Moderator
  • +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
Re: [Spoilers] Persona 5 Royal
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2020, 09:06:25 AM »
It arrived within the past hour, but my wife's working in the living room and is on calls all day, so... I'll have thoughts soon. Right now, I'm... aggravated by the delay, but looking forward to it.

Side note: When next you're up our way, give me a shout. I don't use my Vita anymore (bought it for P4G, used it for mostly that, have other stuff now), so I'd be happy to loan it to you if you like.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Online BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
Re: [Spoilers] Persona 5 Royal
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2020, 09:15:10 AM »
It arrived within the past hour, but my wife's working in the living room and is on calls all day, so... I'll have thoughts soon. Right now, I'm... aggravated by the delay, but looking forward to it.

Side note: When next you're up our way, give me a shout. I don't use my Vita anymore (bought it for P4G, used it for mostly that, have other stuff now), so I'd be happy to loan it to you if you like.

I'd love to try it out - not sure when I'll be back up this year (November maybe?) but as plans coalesce I'll let you know.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.