Author Topic: Amarillo,TX 05/12/2018  (Read 1089 times)

Offline JackWall1112

• View Profile
Amarillo,TX 05/12/2018
« on: June 16, 2018, 11:51:59 AM »
ok, sorry this is from last month but I'm not very good at computer "stuff", however we have a small group here in Amarillo,TX. We're all from back in the day and just now started getting back into playing Raw Deal once we heard about the Virtual sets that TCO is making up. (Totally awesome btw) We've all started to slowly build up back to all of our old collections and were directed here to actually be able to post some tournament results that we have along with anything else Raw Deal we can think of. So bare with me as I don't have a lot of knowledge as to what I'm actually supposed to list here. I'm just putting up a little of what I'm seeing, so here it goes. we had a 6 person turnout, decks consisted of classic and virtual all the way through V8.

Jackson- Ricky the dragon Steamboat
5-0

Jordan- Aj Styles
3-2 lost to Ricky and Eugene

Brandon- Eugene
4-1 lost to Ricky

Brent- Goldberg
2-3 lost to Ricky, Aj, and Eugene

Blake- Shelton Benjamin
1-4 lost to Ricky, Aj, Eugene, and Goldberg

Josh- Immortal one
0-5

Again, if theres anything I need to add just let me know, We're all glad to be playing again and hope to join some of y'all at some more official venues.

Offline Eric RD

• Administrator
  • Virtual Lead Developer
    • View Profile
    • Backlash Podcast
Re: Amarillo,TX 05/12/2018
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 12:17:00 PM »
This is great and welcome back to Raw Deal! How has the reception been to the Virtual sets with you and the players? We started slow with a few sets at a time, jumping right into everything feels it would be overwhelming.
http://twitch.tv/EricRD for Raw Deal streams

Raw Deal games, videos and more.
http://www.youtube.com/c/EricRDeal

Offline JackWall1112

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2018, 01:46:17 PM »
We're taking it about the same. For us coming in after virtual 8, there's just so much available to us, we don't know where to even start. There's just so many possibilities for each superstar. We've actually been able to bring back 2 old school players because of the virtual sets and believe we can get even more. we found the rules forum of the tornado tag deck idea and that's become the most popular for our group. That's just an insane idea and really makes for an interesting game! Are tournaments acceptable in that format to post, or is that something we can do on our own?

Offline CRASHER

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2018, 02:02:47 PM »
your tournaments, your rules, just keep in mind the official rules for a tornado tag game are limited at best, and you're gonna have some broken-ass combos (like CM Punk and Sheamus perhaps)
Thanks to the much hated Revolution Format and Roman Reigns' spear I beat three other folks to be your current Raw Deal Champion and the "most irrelevant one in history" ...yay me :)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 02:24:19 PM »
Virtual isn't legal for Tornado Tag, way too much to troubleshoot for a 'fun format'. 

CREED
"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline riothebeast

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 03:01:10 PM »
thanks for posting sir. I heard that ricky was pretty playable lol. hope you all enjoyed the prizes.

Offline JackWall1112

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2018, 04:15:22 PM »
That's funny considering all of our Tag decks consist of one virtual personality! LOL