Author Topic: Ezekiel jackson  (Read 292 times)

Offline riothebeast

• +3/-9
    • View Profile
Ezekiel jackson
« on: June 11, 2018, 07:43:52 PM »
Anything I Do, I Dominate
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.  Put all cards in your hand on the bottom of your Arsenal; you do not discard cards to your opponent's effects or draw cards during the Pre-match phase, and your Starting Hand Size cannot be changed by his effects.
Once during each of your turns when you successfully play a maneuver, put up to # cards from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal, where # is half the number of maneuvers in your Ring, rounded down.
ACE:  Once during each of your turns, you may discard 2 cards, and then search your Arsenal for 1 Strike and 1 Grapple that are not Unique or hybrid, reveal them, put them in your hand, and shuffle; when this effect is reversed, your turn continues.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent
V5

Probably a slip up im hoping but current wording seems to say i cannot draw my starting handsize since it happens during the prematch. Unless there is a previous ruling i cannot find to clarify the ability.

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-103
    • View Profile
Re: Ezekiel jackson
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2018, 07:59:35 AM »
Actually you don't draw your hand until the end of the Pre-Match phase.
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Offline riothebeast

• +3/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 08:09:14 AM »
Actually you don't draw your hand until the end of the Pre-Match phase.

Im about 1 million % sure that is incorrect or people have been playing raw deal wrong for over a decade.

Offline dilbert505

• +49/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 08:17:37 AM »
Rio's right. The Pre-Match goes, in order:

Allegiance
Venue
Feud
Stip
Manager
Everything Else
Draw Starting Hands
Resolve "At End of Pre-Match" effects

Then you get into the "after all pre-match phases" and "before the first draw segment" effects, but they're explicitly after the Pre-Match ends.

A common card that can serve as a good reminder of this:

Dynamically Inclined
Backstage Card
Cannot be packed by Doink.
Before starting hands are drawn, search your Arsenal and Ringside for 10 non-Trademark-Finisher maneuvers with "dynamic" in the title, put them under this card, and shuffle;  if you do not, hide this card.  At the end of the Pre-match Phase, choose 1 card under this card, put it into your hand, and shuffle the other cards into your Arsenal.
Your Pre-match Capacity is +1 for each The Luck of The Draw card in your Ring greater than 1.
Your non-Unique maneuvers with "dynamic" in the title are -3F and +2D.
When you have lower Fortitude, your opponent is considered to have double the number of reversals in his Ring for your effects with "dynamic" in the title or text.
Unique     RMS logo

This card would make no sense if starting hands were not drawn until the end of the Pre-Match Phase; the effects would trigger at the same time.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline riothebeast

• +3/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2018, 08:21:53 AM »
I may move this to revisons list. It seems the ruling is clear and just needs to be re-worded. Please lock creed.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2018, 01:11:48 PM »
Just to confirm: Zeke draws his Starting Hand Size. There'd be no point in locking it down otherwise. If we meant for Zeke to not draw his starting hand, we'd just say, "Your Starting Hand Size is 0," or something of the like.

I'll throw a note on the revisions pile to adjust the text for clarity.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline riothebeast

• +3/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2018, 01:20:12 PM »
Thank you sir. Yeah it was clear that was not its intention.