Author Topic: dishing out infinite recursion  (Read 325 times)

Offline riothebeast

• +3/-9
    • View Profile
dishing out infinite recursion
« on: June 08, 2018, 11:17:43 PM »
was it intended for apa to be able to shuffle in 10 a turn and pick up any 2 cards? they use their prematch popping the ace and nicely enough ready to fights makes it so they always have 2 free cards to discard in top of shuffling in. Even running a heavy action reversal deck the chains every turn are really hard to deal with.

Dishing Out Old School Beatings
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.
When this card is in your Ring, your maneuvers are +1D, your APA-specific cards do not take up a Mid-match slot in your Ring, and your APA-specific actions can only be reversed by Superstar-specific cards.
ACE: Once during each of your turns, you may overturn 4 cards and either put up to 2 Backlash cards from your Ringside into your Backlash or put up to 2 cards from your Ringside on the bottom of your Arsenal;  when you use this effect, you may discard 2 cards, if you do, it cannot be reversed.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent
V8

Offline Naitchng

• +0/-4
    • View Profile
Re: dishing out infinite recursion
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 04:10:32 AM »
Y do they always have 2 cards to discard? The cost of the ace is overturn 4, it is only unreversible if apa discards 2, so if no hand, nth is confirm. Beside apa only have damn for recovery, thus the pt is to provide additional chance for them to use damn for some much needed recovery.

Offline Scotty

• +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 05:42:52 AM »
If APA ACE the Ready to Fight x2, they pick up two moves to replenish the hand. It’s a cool combo. 

The obvious solution to this is Coach Says Today’s the Day and/or Rules Were Meant to Be Broken.

Offline Naitchng

• +0/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 06:05:32 AM »
Oh i missed out the ready to fight parts, haha yup a slight pain in the ass, but seriously packin 2 apa actions and 3 ready to fight? Pretty waste of midmatch space, considering the fact u be packin the standard 5/6 staples, 3 apa specifics and classic teamwork, packin 3 more ready to fight is kind of dangerous, i will rather go will some more action reversals(backfire is a major burn to apa) or when u thought/introduce yr brain for face/bash, oi for heel  Anyway, u still have to get yr ready to fight thru, get pass ace reversals for ready to fight, possible combo but honestly kind of takes too much time to set up.

Offline KD8ESU

• +18/-17
  • Ninja Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 06:18:30 AM »
Or, you don't pack Beer, Cards, and More Beer.  At this point, as discussed a lot on Discord, making things harder to reverse is almost making it easier to reverse; and a 20F (after the Backstage Card's reduction); it's all of the weak-sauce.  I wouldn't pack it, and if you decide to simply because it's an APA card, that's on you.

Another thought, you don't pack all the staples; i.e., most people build and play around Road to Victory anymore so it doesn't hit much besides Backfire and Ready to Fight.  I know Creed doesn't half the time.
hXi

YOUR 2014 GenCon Supershow Champion

One-half of **** *** Pay, 2015 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions.

Offline riothebeast

• +3/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 06:46:39 AM »
What happened was they get to pack a pre that nukes the hand that cant be reversed then gets to play a mid that shuffles in 10 they play 3 ready to fights. Then pop two of the aces and pick up two cards. Then they discard two for their pre to play 2 more ready to fight. Thats 35 cards in a turn then shuffle 6 in every turn after that. Mind you i had reversed ready to fights 7 times before hand was gone completely. How effective would rules have been? Not at all since i would have discarded just as much to reverse just as many times.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2018, 07:13:52 AM by riothebeast »

Offline rated SRH

• +39/-15
  • Welcome to the Rated SRH Era!!!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 07:18:42 AM »
Wouldn't Old School Wrestling Match TB hurt them? I'm seeing a lot of actions played but no maneuvers.
Your 2018 WWE Raw Deal World Champion!!!!!!!

Chance Favors the Prepared Mind.

Top 8 at Gen Con 2014 Finished top 4 Gen Con 2015

25 Time Castle Comics Champion

Leader of the Raw Deal Main Event Mafia

Heisenberg of Raw Deal

Offline riothebeast

• +3/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 07:41:39 AM »
Sure would have if they had to worry about it  having an unstoppable hand nuke makes it hard to reverse chain.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2018, 09:04:45 AM »
I'm just gonna errata this one. Dishing Out Old School Beatings can't move Chain Backlash cards anymore. Consider this effect in place immediately.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline riothebeast

• +3/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2018, 10:14:15 AM »
Daeva your the best sir. I dont care what they say about you lol. Nah jk but nice to here.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2018, 10:30:49 AM »
That's okay. I don't care what they say about me, either.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.