Author Topic: Self High-Five  (Read 203 times)

Offline niiiiick

• +14/-8
    • View Profile
Self High-Five
« on: June 07, 2018, 06:48:37 PM »
Self High-Five!
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked. Can be played during any Pre-match phase.
Your first Action played each turn from hand that is Fan Favorite, or is Cheater and 3F-, is Multi and can only be reversed by 2 reversal cards. Your opponent cannot play The Road to Victory in response to your Cheater or Fan Favorite cards.
Your maneuvers can only receive a maximum of +4D and/or +2 Stun Value increase from other cards.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent     WCW logo
V2

So, haven't looked at this since the revision...but am I reading it right that now ANY FF action gets protection, and only Cheater Actions need to be 3F-?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +489/-368
    • View Profile
Re: Self High-Five
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2018, 06:58:47 PM »
This is a 'that's what it says' question, so was there another one that was more specific?  :)

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline niiiiick

• +14/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2018, 07:17:11 PM »
Was just making sure since its such a departure from the previous version...so something like Kristal: Broadcast Beauty (a F:14 Fan Favorite action) is considered Multi, and can only be reversed by 2 reversal cards?

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +489/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2018, 08:22:19 PM »
This is the same question.

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline niiiiick

• +14/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2018, 04:24:47 AM »
It's more specific with an actual card referenced (Kristal) instead of just referencing and entire group (Fan Favorite Action) so I'm not sure exactly what you're looking for at this point? It's a question that hasn't been asked, I ask for clarity as the previous version bundled FF and Cheater under the 3F- restriction, so I just wanted to verify if my interpretation is correct. I find no issue with that, so I'm not exactly sure why I cant get a simple yes or no? There is no "rule" of the forum against that, all I see is:

"The place to ask your questions about the game. Please before asking, check all FAQ's and other Rule Documents as your answer will likely be answered there already."

And in this case, the question has not been answered so I asked. I under stand you may have answered it the first time, but a simple Yes or No would suffice
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 04:38:28 AM by niiiiick »

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +489/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2018, 06:39:07 AM »
The response is because the question, at it's heart, is not one of the rules but a reading comprehension question.  If you look at it objectively, the question is "Here's the text of the card, does it say what it says?" 

There's nothing that involves the rules of the card, you're asking for verification that it does what it says it does.  The answer is already given by you in the first post by quoting the text of the card, you proved your own point!  :)

So I'm not sure what the real question is, like 'Isn't that too strong?' or 'Doesn't that mean that X plus Y will have this effect?'  That's the question people are usually actually asking, not if they are capable of reading text, heh.

Hopefully my response is clearer now.  Because the answer has always been yes, the card does what it says it does.  Asking the same question again by naming a specific example doesn't change that, so eventually I'm wondering what the point is, you know where I'm coming from here?

Yeah, the answer's always been 'It works the way it says it works'.  If there's further questions about why, that's not a rules topic.  If there's a more specific question about something else, fire away.

Otherwise, this horse has been beaten into a fine red paste... :D

CREED

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +312/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2018, 11:59:37 AM »
Hoi, Creed. Sometimes, people just can't believe that the text is as generous as it actually is, so they want to make sure that we really meant that.

Yes, we really meant that. If we meant that the action had to be 3F- globally, we would say something like, "Your first 3F- Action played from hand that is Fan Favorite or Cheater" or so on. We didn't because it doesn't. Kristal will be Multi. Have fun!
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.

Offline niiiiick

• +14/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2018, 12:15:03 PM »
In no way, shape, or form did I mean to be disrespectful (sorry if it sounded as such) was just clarifying as DDP was one of favorites as a kid and I always revisit him in RD, and this was the first since the most recent revisions. It just caught me off guard how much greater of a benefit FF received (though thematically it makes sense), so i just wanted to verify.

If you do not believe it was appropriate ruled forum, please move it, I just figured any question regarding the effects of a card would fall under rules

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +489/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2018, 12:28:31 PM »
No, it's fine though I think we've run the course.

I was probably a jerk about it, sorry for that.  It just bugs me when people ask me if they can read properly (not you Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiick, just in general).  In my brain, it's like someone holding up Kick and saying 'Is this a Strike?!'  I've actually yelled at PTers for doing that, haha.

I'll try to remember not to be a jerk next time, but no promises.  :D

CREED