Author Topic: Good news / Bad news  (Read 304 times)

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +489/-369
    • View Profile
Good news / Bad news
« on: June 06, 2018, 02:11:37 PM »
So the bad news first, that's always nice, knowing you have something to look forward to...  (And some may not find this news all that bad, heh)  But I'm probably not going to be as active on here as I usually am.  I can pop in and make sure all's well, of course, but my limited free time is going to become a LOT more limited.

The good news (for me, heh) is that I'm going back to school.  I'll be starting college classes next week toward the goal of becoming a CPA, with a long road ahead, starting with some incredibly droll prerequisite classes over the summer (English and Government).

Thankfully Revisions are in the bag for this year, and I finished a big PT update, so those are already taken care of.

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Edge

• Founder of TCO
  • TCO Donor
  • +2/-0
  • Show Me A Good Loser And I'll Show You A Loser
    • View Profile
Re: Good news / Bad news
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2018, 02:38:48 PM »
Did you seriously just post this a half hour before I stick my nose in to see that the place somehow still exists?

What a testament to this game, it's players and this site's diligent and selfless staff. 
If there's a drinkable liquid in the world that doesn't
cause loss of motor function, impaired judgment,
slurred speech, dehydration, and eventual
unconsciousness, I don't want to know about it.

Online TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +115/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2018, 02:45:47 PM »
Aw man, congrats! As someone who dived back in to get a Masters... may it pay off more than the student loan debt! ;)
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline riothebeast

• +2/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2018, 02:47:22 PM »
Goodluck hope all goes well in college. You do alot for the game and it does not go unappreciated sir.

Offline niiiiick

• +14/-8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2018, 02:52:34 PM »
Good luck! I kinda know what you're about to go through, have my accounting degree and before finishing my masters I actually got a better offer to do something else with my career so moved on from the CPA path, and am only looking for my MBA at this point for my new path.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +489/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2018, 02:54:35 PM »
Aw man, congrats! As someone who dived back in to get a Masters... may it pay off more than the student loan debt! ;)
Thankfully the community college classes aren't too bad, but when I move up to Cal State University... yeah, we'll see how that goes, haha.

Good luck! I kinda know what you're about to go through, have my accounting degree and before finishing my masters I actually got a better offer to do something else with my career so moved on from the CPA path, and am only looking for my MBA at this point for my new path.
Niiiiiiice!  :)  I've thought about that too, most likely I'll look at my options once I get to the Bachelor's, thought I would like to eventually go for an MBA down the road.

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Mitch!

• 2014 & 2017 Raw Deal World Champion
  • Global Moderator
  • +240/-240
  • Welcome to....Dubuque, Iowa!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2018, 03:28:52 PM »
Did you seriously just post this a half hour before I stick my nose in to see that the place somehow still exists?

What a testament to this game, it's players and this site's diligent and selfless staff. 

We even have a couple Discord servers now :)
Mitch of Team Niki Heber and Friends
Only B2B's Deck to Ever Win Worlds!
The Heel HHH of Raw Deal
Your 2017 Raw Deal Champion

Offline Null1

• TCO Donor
  • +0/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2018, 03:45:51 PM »
Good luck Creed!  I went back for my bachelors in my early 30s - it's tough (especially with work) but it's very worthwhile.

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2018, 03:50:57 PM »
Best of luck to you Creed. I hope you find success in this path.
Ceterum censeo Chelsea delendam esse.

Don't let this signature distract you from the fact that Dele Alli has 29 more PL goals than Jack Wilshere.

"Tottenham are laughing at us!" - Dom, West Ham United fan, after Astra Giurgiu eliminated West Ham United from Europa (Entirely accurate statement).

Online CRASHER

• +83/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2018, 08:19:16 PM »
There's no such thing as a bad choice when it's best for you in the long haul....and this one's a no-brainer!!! Best of luck....we'll keep the floors clean for ya (dammit I need a better 'hold down the fort' analogy :p )
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Edge

• Founder of TCO
  • TCO Donor
  • +2/-0
  • Show Me A Good Loser And I'll Show You A Loser
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2018, 08:45:26 AM »

Geez!  I am super impressed with how everything has unfolded for Raw Deal and it's faithful players.

If Edge is still a good superstar and Page is also competitive I might need to dive back in.
If there's a drinkable liquid in the world that doesn't
cause loss of motor function, impaired judgment,
slurred speech, dehydration, and eventual
unconsciousness, I don't want to know about it.

Online CRASHER

• +83/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2018, 08:57:02 AM »

Geez!  I am super impressed with how everything has unfolded for Raw Deal and it's faithful players.

If Edge is still a good superstar and Page is also competitive I might need to dive back in.

well edge is good, the leader remake is situational, the edge legend version is very good, and Paige is good once you get used to her tricks....so welcome back!!
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!