Everything Else > Sports Discussion

2018 World Cup

(1/4) > >>

Queensryche:
The World Cup is quickly approaching, beginning one week from Thursday. It's gonna be a bitter pill to swallow not seeing the US in the World Cup, but then again, The Netherlands and Italy didn't make it either, so at least we weren't the only ones that embarrassed themselves in qualifying.

So considering the US is not in, and given that the majority of users here are American, my question for you is this: who are you supporting? Me, I'm backing England. Yes, I know it's an exercise in futility, but there's five Tottenham Hotspur players on the England squad, and backing England means I back Spurs in a sense. I can also look past the fact that Danny Welbeck, Gary Cahill, and Ruben Loftus-Cheek are on the squad, unlike some folks in England apparently.

If you don't have a team to support but want to back someone, post here and I will draw a random team for you to back in the World Cup.

BigPimpin:
I've got RL friends in England so I'll be rooting for England, but I feel very meh on this WC, and part of that is probably the lack of a US team.

the-edge666:
As I'm german I'm supporting the reigning world champion. But after the last european championship I support Iceland, too. Hope they will both make it very far in the tournament and Germany will defend the title.

Queensryche:

--- Quote from: the-edge666 on June 06, 2018, 08:52:59 AM ---As I'm german I'm supporting the reigning world champion. But after the last european championship I support Iceland, too. Hope they will both make it very far in the tournament and Germany will defend the title.

--- End quote ---

On June 23rd, I'm going to be going to Brauhaus Schmitz on South Street in Philadelphia for their World Cup viewing party for the Germany/Sweden match. I couldn't make the Germany/South Korea match unfortunately, otherwise I'd go to support South Korea and Son Heung-Min.

Daeva:

--- Quote from: Queensryche on June 05, 2018, 07:56:22 PM ---If you don't have a team to support but want to back someone, post here and I will draw a random team for you to back in the World Cup.

--- End quote ---

Eh, give me a random team. Let's make this interesting.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version