Author Topic: It's okay to jump on the Golden Knights bandwagon  (Read 634 times)

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
It's okay to jump on the Golden Knights bandwagon
« on: April 18, 2018, 03:58:57 AM »
The Vegas Golden Knights are now setting the bar for first-year expansion teams. They kicked off their inaugural season by not only making the playoffs, not only making it with a winning record, and not only WINNING THEIR DIVISION, but also winning a playoff series, as they booted the LA Kings in a sweep with God Mode Marc-Andre Fleury and a stingy defense. Right now, and years from now, people aren't going to be wondering how they did it, but why the other clubs in the NHL allowed the Golden Knights to pick up so many quality players in the expansion draft. Jonathan Marchessault, Riley Smith, William Karlsson, their deep defense, and so on.............how did their respective clubs conclude guys like that weren't worth the time? HOW??? Credit to George McPhee for realizing the quality available and constructing a club that's a legitimate threat to win the whole thing.

My relatives in Las Vegas weren't huge hockey fans, but they were going to support the team anyway because it's finally a major league team for Vegas and because owner Bill Foley built the arena with his own money. Well, that's changed now, to the point that they're tuning into other games to see who the Golden Knights might face and to keep track of the playoffs as a whole. My Uncle Frank in particular has gone to several games and goes to watch parties to see the team in action.

Back to the thread title, I'm of the opinion that jumping on the Vegas Golden Knights bandwagon is nothing to be ashamed of. They're a first-year team, and wanting to see history made is a worthy reason to jump on. If it can't be the Flyers, then I'd rather it be Vegas.
Ceterum censeo Chelsea delendam esse.

Don't let this signature distract you from the fact that Dele Alli has 29 more PL goals than Jack Wilshere.

BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal to move to Los Angeles "to be closer to their fanbase" according to Stan Kroenke.

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
    • VelaCards Official Web Site
Re: It's okay to jump on the Golden Knights bandwagon
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2018, 10:36:13 AM »
As a 10-year season ticket holder to the Ontario Reign (AHL affiliate to the LA Kings), I'm on board with this wagon hopping. What they are doing is absolutely incredible and I'm 100% enjoying this ride.

VC
- For all your Supershow & RAW Deal needs!
- Team NBD
- Follow us on Twitter @VelaCards (Damn you D2!)

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2018, 03:51:34 AM »
And Vegas continues to roll, stomping San Jose 7-0 to begin the second round. Vegas had scored 7 goals total in the first round, which was enough since they only let up three goals. Now they match their goal total from the last round in one game. And going even further, there were seven different goal-scorers.

There's still room on the bandwagon. Feel free to jump on!

Don't let this signature distract you from the fact that Dele Alli has 29 more PL goals than Jack Wilshere.

BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal to move to Los Angeles "to be closer to their fanbase" according to Stan Kroenke.

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2018, 07:43:10 AM »
As I told you earlier, I hopped on when the Devils lost out.  Hopefully this continues.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline Jokerfish

• 2010 Raw Deal World Champion.
  • +65/-69
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2018, 04:22:15 PM »
sure why the heck not
2010 ACMT winner
Your 2010 Raw Deal Champion
avid luchador mask wearer

Most of these are important papers...and some of them might be doodles I never had framed...I can't tell the difference in them.

Offline Theren

• +15/-18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2018, 08:07:36 PM »
 I super applaud what they are doing, not sure I'm on the bandwagon, but I'm super impressed. That said, maybe they will play my second favorite team and that would make me pretty happy to watch.
Clear the Way into a Pop You One. Why? Cause I want my card.

Online CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +492/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2018, 08:08:44 PM »
I don't really know anything about these guys, but I'll root for 'em, sure.

How many touchdowns did they score last week?  :P

CREED
What...?  Is it home runs?
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2018, 07:58:04 PM »
Vegas is again moving on, beating the San Jose Sharks tonight 3-0 to clinch their series and move on to the Western Conference Finals.

I got two texts from my Uncle Frank. They were as follows:

"I don't care who we face. We can win."

"We fear NOTHING."

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2018, 06:46:45 PM »
Continuing to move on!

Vegas beats Winnipeg 4-1 in their series to book their trip to the Stanley Cup Finals! They will face either Tampa Bay or Washington.

Another text from my Uncle Frank: "If we win the whole f**king thing, the parade had better be at night."

Offline SoxFan89

• +2/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2018, 05:30:25 AM »
Vegas has been so fun to watch this year it's nuts. As a bruins fan it's nice to see Colin Miller and Riley Nash getting g some run this year
"AS GOD AS MY WITNESS, HE IS BROKEN IN HALF!"

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 08:00:26 AM »
Tonight begins the final chapter of the NHL season: Washington is the last obstacle Vegas has to clear to complete something that was thought impossible to achieve, and if achieved, will be impossible to outdo.

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2018, 03:56:18 AM »
Alas, it was not meant to be.

Before the Stanley Cup Finals, YouTube sports personality UrinatingTree predicted a Capitals win, something painful for him because he's a Penguins fan. His reasoning was that Washington was built to counter Vegas's speed and that their overall team strength was the one thing Vegas couldn't handle. He was right, as Washington beat the Golden Knights 4-1 to win their first Stanley Cup.

I'm disappointed it wasn't Vegas. But at least they lost to a team winning their first Cup. That and Ovechkin gets the unfair "choker" label shed off him for good.

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +117/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2018, 11:36:47 AM »
"YouTube sports personality UrinatingTree"

This phrase hurts me in my soul.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2018, 03:27:42 PM »
"YouTube sports personality UrinatingTree"

This phrase hurts me in my soul.

What did Tree do to garner that kind of reaction?

Offline TimJR

• Will Mod For Hugs
  • Global Moderator
  • +117/-54
  • Basic Huganomics
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2018, 03:42:54 PM »
I have no knowledge or bias against the individual in question other than the fact that they utilize that particular psuedonym, which hurts me.
Timothy J. Rush, Permanent Iowa City Raw Deal Champion
Member of Team Niki Heber and Friends

Offline Queensryche

• TCO Donor
  • +8/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2018, 03:48:35 PM »
I have no knowledge or bias against the individual in question other than the fact that they utilize that particular psuedonym, which hurts me.

Once you watch his videos, it's pretty easy to disregard his handle. Knowledgeable and hilarious.