Author Topic: Virtual Noob: Question about the Antic Hybrids  (Read 82 times)

Offline Knight1231

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Virtual Noob: Question about the Antic Hybrids
« on: May 28, 2018, 11:10:55 AM »
So I plan on only playing Virtual Classic: But I see some cards that have Antics tacked onto them. Vickie, Santino, Swagger. Just to name a few.

I know that Antic was a Revolution trait. But can those cards still be played in Virtual Classic because they don't say Revolution in the title line? Only referring to those that have antic tacked on not full antic cards.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +489/-368
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Noob: Question about the Antic Hybrids
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 11:13:36 AM »
This has been answered quite a few times, but yes.  Only cards with the Revolution logo are not allowed in the Classic format.

I believe all the cards you mentioned are hybrids, which means they can still be reversed by their other type in Classic.  If a card was Strike + Potato, for example, you wouldn't need a 'Reversal any potato' card to stop it, right?  :)   Just reverse the Strike, or reverse the Multi-ness of it with Get the F Out, etc.

Same goes for the maneuver hybrid types in Revolution 1 like Whirlwind Kick, Strike + Assault.  Just Step Aside twice, a pair of Elbows, etc.

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline Knight1231

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Virtual Noob: Question about the Antic Hybrids
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2018, 06:00:51 AM »
This has been answered quite a few times, but yes.  Only cards with the Revolution logo are not allowed in the Classic format.

Thank you. I did a search and somethings seemed conflicting. Thanks again for being a great community.