Author Topic: 2018 Revision Discussion  (Read 2759 times)

Offline elceh

• +31/-9
  • Live the <R>evolution!
    • View Profile
Re: 2018 Revision Discussion
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2018, 12:01:51 AM »
I appreciate your kind words and patience.  However, if there were no cards, I'd have nothing to scrutinize  :)
- Team NBD
- http://www.facebook.com/SoCalRawDeal
- In <R>evolution, we like to FIGHT!

Offline DustyCorpse

• TCO Donor
  • +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2018, 07:02:28 AM »
Hey Creed,

Cards look great and many thanks for your hard work with every set and revision that is released. One request/comment though: For this revision and going forward, Is it possible to create a page of just the non-superstar specifics for those that want to print multiple copies of cards like Making your Escape, Mean Gene, etc, but don't want to print all the pages again? Thank you.
Formerly SlowBurningChemical

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2018, 07:04:46 AM »
No.  That's why there are .doc and .pdf files.

If you want them as is, use the .pdfs.  Otherwise, get the .docs and you can edit to your heart's desire, copy card X a few more times, get rid of that Superstar you never play, and so on.

There just isn't time to provide custom download options for everyone, it's a 'do it yourself' kit instead.  :)

CREED
V9: NXT Takeover ("A" Section) - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline CRASHER

• +90/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2018, 08:10:27 AM »
as someone who HAS (painfully) updated them and has an individual page for each superstar (and pre and mid and moves and reversals), I can fully vouch for the level of time consumption involved......
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline VelaCards

• TCO Donor
  • +159/-127
  • #WWERAWDEAL #Supershow
    • View Profile
    • VelaCards Official Web Site
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2018, 09:47:25 AM »
Hey Creed,

Cards look great and many thanks for your hard work with every set and revision that is released. One request/comment though: For this revision and going forward, Is it possible to create a page of just the non-superstar specifics for those that want to print multiple copies of cards like Making your Escape, Mean Gene, etc, but don't want to print all the pages again? Thank you.

SoCal Raw Deal has made things a bit easier in selecting specific cards you want to download and print. Maybe give that a try? =)

https://www.facebook.com/SoCalRawDeal/

VC
- For all your Supershow & RAW Deal needs!
- Team NBD
- Follow us on Twitter @VelaCards (Damn you D2!)

Offline DustyCorpse

• TCO Donor
  • +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2018, 10:34:53 AM »
Thanks everyone for your replies and help. It wasn't as much a "could you make me a custom sheet" request as it was a "suggestion for next wave of revisions" type post. I realize how hard and painstaking it is not only putting the cards together, but sizing them up to the exact dimensions. I just figured I might not be the only one with that thought, and put it out there.

Offline riothebeast

• +3/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2018, 01:28:56 PM »
Thanks everyone for your replies and help. It wasn't as much a "could you make me a custom sheet" request as it was a "suggestion for next wave of revisions" type post. I realize how hard and painstaking it is not only putting the cards together, but sizing them up to the exact dimensions. I just figured I might not be the only one with that thought, and put it out there.

You can print just the new revisions if you go to this link and scroll down to the 2018 revisions hope that helps you sir.
http://teamcanadaonline.net///index.php/topic,5753.0.html

Offline KD8ESU

• +19/-17
  • Ninja Bob
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2018, 01:33:07 PM »
Don't forget the tired and true method of copy and paste onto a new word/libreword/openword document and doing it that way.
hXi

YOUR 2014 GenCon Supershow Champion

One-half of **** *** Pay, 2015 GenCon Supershow Tag Team Champions.

Offline Scotty

• +51/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2018, 02:56:32 PM »
The request wasnt worded very clearly. What he meant was:

Separate non-SS from Specifics.

From there, if any one wants to make multiple copies of non-specifics, they can copy /paste without opening 4 documents because they are already there on one document. Its opening four separate documents to copy 1 card to another document that gets tedious. We all know this.

I havent run into anyone that wants more than one copy of specifics, especially if they arent shared cards.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 04, 2018, 03:05:00 PM »
Good point!

Now imagine the tedium of doing that to EVERY DOCUMENT with changes across 10 years of Virtual... and someone asks for even more, from this free service.

Yeah, I'm tempted to lock this, as the answer was given, along with helpful advise, and there's no real sense in repeating those points ad infinitum.

tl;ldr version - use the .docs to edit if you want, or print the .pdfs 'as is', whatever works best for each person.  Those are the only options offered.  :)

CREED

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Offline DustyCorpse

• TCO Donor
  • +2/-0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2018, 03:49:35 PM »
Good point!

Now imagine the tedium of doing that to EVERY DOCUMENT with changes across 10 years of Virtual...

I completely agree, Creed - and thats just plain unreasonable to ask anyone to go back and redo what's already been done.  Which is why I was just asking for consideration in future revisions and sets. I didn't mean to ruffle any feathers.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2018, 03:52:36 PM »
Yeah, no worries, it's not about you.  Just preventing a bunch of other 'Could we also get...?' requests on the heels of that.  :)

Thankfully the Revisions are all done for the year, it's a major undertaking.  May they rest in peace!  :D

CREED

Offline Naitchng

• +0/-4
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2018, 04:52:04 AM »
Btw, mean gene is missing ", or" text after the revo cruiserweight title belt part

Offline riothebeast

• +3/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2018, 07:20:52 AM »
I dont think this card works as intended the way it reads. They could just reverse the ace on this card then who cares about big boys not being able to be reversed because turn will still end.

Your Paragon of Virtue
Action
You may play this card from under a WCW card as if from hand. When this card is unsuccessful, you may put it in your Ring instead, regardless of other effects.
Draw up to 2 cards, and your opponent discards 2 random Backlash cards.
ACE: When you Activate Where the Big Boys Play, you can shuffle this card into your Arsenal, and then that card's effect cannot be reversed.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     WCW logo
V8

Offline BigPimpin

• +276/-147
  • Straight Gangsta, Foo'!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2018, 07:37:32 AM »
I dont think this card works as intended the way it reads. They could just reverse the ace on this card then who cares about big boys not being able to be reversed because turn will still end.

Your Paragon of Virtue
Action
You may play this card from under a WCW card as if from hand. When this card is unsuccessful, you may put it in your Ring instead, regardless of other effects.
Draw up to 2 cards, and your opponent discards 2 random Backlash cards.
ACE: When you Activate Where the Big Boys Play, you can shuffle this card into your Arsenal, and then that card's effect cannot be reversed.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     WCW logo
V8

Works as intended.  That's the risk you take with the card's ACE. 

In playtesting, we tried that with that ACE being irreversible and it was way too powerful.
Discord: MightyBP
Time Zone: EST
Available Lackey Hours: late nights (8-9 PM starts), some weekend evenings or morning.

100% reason to remember the name.

I'm the reason the hood need a dental plan.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +493/-369
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2018, 07:42:03 AM »
Plus you still get to recover the Action for reuse later.

CREED

Offline riothebeast

• +3/-9
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2018, 07:47:05 AM »
Ok guys thank you.