Author Topic: Advice for starting tournaments  (Read 140 times)

Offline BigB887

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Advice for starting tournaments
« on: May 22, 2018, 12:45:22 AM »
Hey TCO crew me and my buddies just got back into this game hardcore its been about 10 years since we played and we are looking to set up tournaments at our local card shop. As it stands we have about five maybe six people that will play but not consistently due to work/school schedules or other affairs that they may have. I'm looking for advice on how to get new players interested in the game since it is out of print and how to set up prize support for when/if we get tournys started up. I read somewhere on this site that I have be a Manager in order to get TKs and I would like to know how to be become one as well. Thank you and long live Raw Deal.

Offline CRASHER

• +86/-56
    • View Profile
Re: Advice for starting tournaments
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2018, 06:12:18 AM »
I would think the best way to get newer players in would be to have "ready to play" and simple decks for them to toss around and try out....it's amazing how EVERY TIME we play in Allentown someone goes by and goes "NO WAY A WWE GAME!?!?!?" and then just moves on, but a couple of good simple decks (don't worry about all the Shenanigans cards since you're building the decks, you make them comply to those cards so you don't need reveal them), personally I always suggest Revo decks, but there's always a bit of controversy and stigma labelled on Revo....Raw Deal is a massive and can be VERY complex game to try to jump into 15 years after the fact, but it can be done :)
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!