Author Topic: Just Call Me Dave vs Brahma Bull  (Read 143 times)

Offline Suicidal_Sephiroth

• +30/-30
  • The Following Sephy is Rated R
    • View Profile
Just Call Me Dave vs Brahma Bull
« on: May 15, 2018, 12:20:28 AM »
Just Call Me "DAVE"     (Batista logo)
Backstage Card
Your non-unique maneuvers with 'spine buster' or 'spinebuster' in the title are +2D.
During your turn when your Fortitude Rating is 0 and your opponent's Fortitude Rating is 10 or more, you may hide this card to search your Arsenal and Ringside for Unleashed Bomb, reveal it, put it in your hand, and shuffle your Arsenal; that card cannot be blanked.
Unique     RMS logo

The Brahma Bull
Pre-match Event
When this card is in your Ring area, all your opponent's maneuvers played from the hand of 4F or less are considered to have a D:1 and their text is considered blank. In the opponent's Ring area those cards are counted normally for purposes of Fortitude Rating.
Unique
F: 0   D: 0

My question is, if your opponent hides Just Call Me Dave, is it possible to play Restricted Use In This Area on their Unleashed Bomb to get rid of the "That card cannot be blanked" text and then play a appropriate reversal like a revolution of the mind to their Unleashed Bomb.

Sorry, seems my friend and I posted close to the same time with the same question.
If you're interested in watching some rpg's or action games feel free to follow my twitch channel at www.twitch.tv/sephiroth_strife

Offline dilbert505

• +47/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
Re: Just Call Me Dave vs Brahma Bull
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2018, 06:19:29 AM »
The other two cards in the equation:

162/172 (ULTRA RARE - FOIL - Batista)
Unleashed Bomb
Grapple + Grapple
When your Fortitude Rating is 0 and your opponent's Fortitude Rating is 10 or more, this card is -6F and can only be reversed from his Arsenal.
When successfully played, shuffle up to 4 cards from your Ringside pile into your Arsenal.
Unique
Multi
SV: 2
F: 6      D: 9

178/198 (PREMIUM RARE - no logo)
Restricted Use in This Area
Mid-match Reversal: Special
Can only be played after your opponent plays a card that he has modified by other cards.
Disregard all modifications made to that card by other cards until the end of the turn.
You may still play Reversal cards to that card.
¶ (Restricted Modification Symbol)
Unique
F: 0      D: 0

Restricted Use won't help you much. It requires a modification by that player to his cards (in this case, 'cannot be blanked'), but the second sentence isn't limited to his own modifications. It blows away "Cannot be blanked," but it also blows away Brahma Bull's blanking in the first place, and the remaining relevant text is on Unleashed Bomb. It won't lose that text, so you'll be left with the Unleashed Bomb at 0F as printed.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 06:21:41 AM by dilbert505 »
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +486/-368
    • View Profile
Re: Just Call Me Dave vs Brahma Bull
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2018, 09:35:41 AM »
Looks right, if there's any follow up questions on this (anything not covered in the duplicated topic, for example) feel free to ask here.

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard