Author Topic: Miz and his prematches  (Read 220 times)

Offline darkdestiny91

• +1/-1
    • View Profile
Miz and his prematches
« on: May 11, 2018, 08:16:13 PM »
Got a question regarding the card text for the Miz. Does 'I Came To Play!' check for "trash talk" within quotation signs? And if so, are his superstar-specifics also getting the benefit of taking up no pre-match slots?

I Came To Play!
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked.
Your cards with "trash talk" in the title or text do not take up a Pre-match slot in your Ring.
When you would discard cards for your opponent's effects, you may instead overturn the same number of cards.
F: 0     D: 0     Permanent     Unique
V5

Miz TV
Pre-match Event
Cannot be blanked, and your opponent cannot prevent you from playing this card.
The first time you Activate a card with 'trash talk' in the title or text each turn, the effect cannot be reversed.
ACE: Once during each of your turns, you may overturn 1 card and search your Arsenal for Grab the Mic, reveal it, put it in your hand, and shuffle.
F: 0     D: 0     Unique     Permanent
V7

Offline dilbert505

• +48/-42
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
Re: Miz and his prematches
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 08:28:03 PM »
I Came To Play checks for the 10-character sequence - trash talk - anywhere in the title or text of the card. As long as those 10 characters appear consecutively in that order, and the card is not RMS, those cards are free. That includes his pre-match specifics.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 4 Judge, Hope Ender
  • Administrator
  • +316/-213
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
Re: Miz and his prematches
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2018, 11:44:25 AM »
Dilbert is correct. The presence or absence of quotation marks does not matter.
Nate Weiss, Rules Manager & Dream Killer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.