Author Topic: Which Common do you use the most for Virtual/Proxies  (Read 137 times)

Offline Knight1231

• +0/-0
    • View Profile
Which Common do you use the most for Virtual/Proxies
« on: May 09, 2018, 03:58:25 PM »
Was sitting here looking at my Virtual Cards I still need to cut and I started thinking.

What common do you think you’ve used the most of for your Virtual back. I think mine has to be Dude, Try Something Else.

Offline The Hurricane

• The Holy Spirit of TCO
  • +103/-103
    • View Profile
Re: Which Common do you use the most for Virtual/Proxies
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 04:16:52 PM »
Up and At Em would probably be a good one, and Split Finger Lock. Haven't really seen those 2 used in ages.....if ever. Dude, Try Something Else actually has Rob Van Dam that can make good use of them. lol
The Hurricane
Yes I'm still here!

Online dilbert505

• +47/-41
  • The Prince of Insufficient Light
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 04:19:14 PM »
When I put together my cube, I needed somewhere in the vicinity of 5-600 card backs. I did almost all of it with Step/Escape/Break/Elbow/Irish Whip/Throw/Gut Wrench/Jockeying for Position, and I still have at least 10-20 left of each of those cards not in use.
Universally Recognized as a Mature and Responsible Adult.

Playing on Lackey? I'm on US Eastern Time; you can check what time it is for me here.

Offline CreedP

• Voice of Reason
  • Administrator
  • +486/-368
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 04:36:22 PM »
'Back in the day' my card boxes were reduced down to reasonable amounts of cards, so not more than say 12-15 Split Finger Locks, not more than 30-40 Shoot Headlocks, etc.  (In context, I could usually support 15-20 active decks when the game was still in print)  The rest went into overflow boxes in the closet.  That overflow came in handy when Virtual started, I'd grab handfuls of whatever to back cards with. 

Sadly, the overflow boxes were all ruined several years ago when my apartment flooded, but I still have a booster box filled with old commons and uncommons mixed together from whatever.  It's funny to see certain combinations, like a Superstar card for a low SV guy on top of Don't You Wrestle In Dark Matches?  :)

CREED
VHS 3: Payback - Out Now!

"Opinion is really the lowest form of human knowledge. It requires no accountability, no understanding. The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another’s world." - Bill Bullard

Online CRASHER

• +83/-56
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2018, 05:57:36 PM »
I love using RMS cards as the backs of proxies/virtuals, just to mess with the rules of RMS cards  8) 8)
*IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII* AM the Super Show 2017 Tag Team Champions!!!!!!

Offline Scotty

• +50/-44
  • Backlash Podcast Co-host
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2018, 06:10:32 PM »
I use Revolution cards. Especially since I picked up half a case of Revo 1 and only have two Revo decks built.