Author Topic: Dynamic R-Truth  (Read 409 times)

Offline Ekhari

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
Dynamic R-Truth
« on: April 29, 2018, 10:20:34 PM »
How does R-Truth's ability work with Dynamically Inclined's fortitude reduction and damage increase?

R-Truth
Starting Hand Size: 7     Superstar Value: 3
Superstar Ability: Your first maneuver played each turn that is not Chain, Foreign Object, Heat, Multi, Revolution, or Volley is considered Unique.
Your Eve: Dirty Dancer is not Fan Favorite. You can pack High-Flying Style, and you can pack Face and Heel cards in your Little Jimmy Deck, but you cannot pack Face or Heel cards (including Superstar-specific cards) in any other Area; you cannot pack There Is No Escape. Your Arsenal can only contain 50 cards, and your Backlash can only contain 8 Pre-match and 8 Mid-match cards.
V5

Dynamically Inclined makes your non-Unique dynamics -3F and +2D.

Based on my understanding of the timing rules, the fortitude reduction would take place, then the ability would fit in on the "when played section" which would then negate the damage increase.  Unless the "Your First Maneuver" text takes place somewhere else that isn't well defined in the timing.  Do I have this straight or no?
Occupy: Mordor.  One Ring should NOT rule them all!

This signature is environmentally friendly and made from 50% recycled materials.

Online DebuRaito

• +21/-4
    • View Profile
Re: Dynamic R-Truth
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2018, 10:27:58 PM »
Same reason why R-Truth isn't able to use his ability to work with No Escape, Non-unique Dynamic moves will have their fortitude reduced before becoming unique with Truth's ability.

Offline Ekhari

• +4/-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2018, 10:56:57 PM »
Assuming he could pack it, I'd think No Escape would prevent you from attempting to play the card before you even got to check for Truth's ability.

The way I'm understanding it, based on the timing breakdown is the Fort reduction from Dynamically Inclined would apply in step 2A.
In 2E, with "when played" effects, is when it becomes Unique.
Then in 3A the damage modifier tries to apply, sees the Unique and runs away.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 10:59:08 PM by Ekhari »
Occupy: Mordor.  One Ring should NOT rule them all!

This signature is environmentally friendly and made from 50% recycled materials.

Offline Daeva

• Virtual Contributor, Level 3 Judge, Old Man of the Mountain
  • Administrator
  • +320/-214
  • On Balance, Off Balance, Doesn't Matter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 04:42:31 PM »
Assuming he could pack it, I'd think No Escape would prevent you from attempting to play the card before you even got to check for Truth's ability.

Correct. This is why Truth can't pack it; we're saving you from yourself there.

The way I'm understanding it, based on the timing breakdown is the Fort reduction from Dynamically Inclined would apply in step 2A.
In 2E, with "when played" effects, is when it becomes Unique.
Then in 3A the damage modifier tries to apply, sees the Unique and runs away.

Correct again.
Nate Weiss, Retired Dealer
"You're no fun." -Creed
Timing question? Look here.
Evidence is everything in a court of law. Evidence is also everything in the Rules Forum.